Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > S3 and A620 hardware QC issues? or...

Reply
Thread Tools

S3 and A620 hardware QC issues? or...

 
 
rboy505@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
These are both getting great reviews, and having played with them in
stores they're undeniable winners. (Especially the 620. For $240?
Fuggeddaboudit.)

Unfortunately, I've seen literally 3 A620s in store displays with
busted auto lense covers. Has this happened to any owners in real
life use? Easy fix? Fuji refusing to cover my Finepix's lense
cover dying (though it happened to many others as well) makes me break
into hives when I see it on other cameras. Perhaps the salesperson
used it as a hammer to open the display case.

Also came across a few posts on camera site forums about S3 quality
control issues, some defective ones being returned. Anyone else here
have this happen, or are these just a few (vocal) anamolies?

Thanks very much!


rb

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
wkasimer@comcast.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Unfortunately, I've seen literally 3 A620s in store displays with
> busted auto lense covers. Has this happened to any owners in real
> life use?


Happened to me. It worked fine, but made a rather loud and
unattractive noise when being turned on and off, and the lens cover
would close only if I gently pressed on the lens housing. Fortunately,
it happened very early, so I was able to exchange it.

Bill

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave Cohen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, I've seen literally 3 A620s in store displays with
>> busted auto lense covers. Has this happened to any owners in real
>> life use?

>
> Happened to me. It worked fine, but made a rather loud and
> unattractive noise when being turned on and off, and the lens cover
> would close only if I gently pressed on the lens housing. Fortunately,
> it happened very early, so I was able to exchange it.
>
> Bill
>

Both my A40 and A95 no problems. I would not judge by store models. Dirt
could be a problem so take great care if taking camera to beach, but I
suspect this is true of any non professional camera, film or digital.
Dave Cohen
 
Reply With Quote
 
Spiggy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
In article <iCkdg.1783$PX3.194@trndny09>, Dave Cohen <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Both my A40 and A95 no problems. I would not judge by store models. Dirt
> could be a problem so take great care if taking camera to beach, but I
> suspect this is true of any non professional camera, film or digital.
> Dave Cohen



OP was asking about a particular model. I have an A80, never had a
problem, but have two friends whose A620s auto cover mechanism broke
even before they took it outside, one of which was simply defective out
of the box.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cannon A620 and generic diving package question pauly Digital Photography 1 09-27-2006 03:04 PM
Canon Powershot A620 or Fuji F11? SS Digital Photography 23 12-19-2005 07:16 AM
Question on memory(SD Card) and Cannon A620 John McDougald Digital Photography 1 10-26-2005 06:13 AM
Need opinions on the Canon A620 John McDougald Digital Photography 5 10-16-2005 03:55 PM
Canon PowerShot A610,A620 No-Student Digital Photography 11 09-02-2005 05:06 AM



Advertisments