Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon SD-550 Elph--Can I buy a 4 GB SD card for this camera

Canon SD-550 Elph--Can I buy a 4 GB SD card for this camera

pkotheimer@gmail.com

I'm sorry for asking this question here. I did a bit of research but
couldn't find the answer anywhere. Canon's website doesn't say how big
the card can be. Thanks.

Paul

Dave Martindale

>I'm sorry for asking this question here. I did a bit of research but
>couldn't find the answer anywhere. Canon's website doesn't say how big
>the card can be. Thanks.

It *should* take any size SD card you can buy. Earlier Canon cameras
were limited to 2 GB cards by the FAT16 file system they used, but I
believe all cameras using the Digic II processor (which includes the
550) support FAT32. So anything you can buy for the forseeable future
will be supported.

Dave