Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > using EXPODISC with alien bees strobe lights ?

using EXPODISC with alien bees strobe lights ?

gussyboy@gmail.com

the strobe lights (alien bees) are the only lights all others turned
off no florescent to mix with them .
to do a custom white balance with the canon 2od should i stand where my
subjects will be standing and do a custom white balance with the
expodisc on facing towards the lights
(1 main the othe fill ) or where i wll be standing taking the pictures
?.
gussyboy

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

> the strobe lights (alien bees) are the only lights all others turned
> off no florescent to mix with them .
> to do a custom white balance with the canon 2od should i stand where
> my subjects will be standing and do a custom white balance with the
> expodisc on facing towards the lights
> (1 main the othe fill ) or where i wll be standing taking the
> pictures ?.

Nothing changes in the way you use the ExpoDisc, point it at the light
source for WB calibration.

Rita

Darrell Larose

"Rita Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> the strobe lights (alien bees) are the only lights all others turned
>> off no florescent to mix with them .
>> to do a custom white balance with the canon 2od should i stand where
>> my subjects will be standing and do a custom white balance with the
>> expodisc on facing towards the lights
>> (1 main the othe fill ) or where i wll be standing taking the
>> pictures ?.

> Nothing changes in the way you use the ExpoDisc, point it at the light
> source for WB calibration.

Except he'll get a white balance for the tungsten modelling lights, not the
5500K of the flash tubes.

Darrell Larose wrote:

>> Nothing changes in the way you use the ExpoDisc, point it at the
>> light source for WB calibration.
>>

> Except he'll get a white balance for the tungsten modelling lights,
> not the 5500K of the flash tubes.

True. I'm running under the assumption that he already knows the difference
and would have set the flash(s) to trigger when setting the WB.

Rita

Darrell Larose

"Rita Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Darrell Larose wrote:
>
>>> Nothing changes in the way you use the ExpoDisc, point it at the
>>> light source for WB calibration.
>>>

>> Except he'll get a white balance for the tungsten modelling lights,
>> not the 5500K of the flash tubes.

> True. I'm running under the assumption that he already knows the
> difference
> and would have set the flash(s) to trigger when setting the WB.

I don't think a dSLR has fast enough response time to do a flash white
balance.