Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Anyone Carry Gear on Lufthansa Air? Bill? Roger? Anyone? :)

Anyone Carry Gear on Lufthansa Air? Bill? Roger? Anyone? :)

Ronald Hands

MarkČ wrote:
> -Ya, it looks dorky, but the black isn't nearly as bad
> as the beige.

Until you get it out where it can soak up some hot sunshine.

-- Ron

Paul J Gans

Brian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Thu, 18 May 2006 08:12:50 -0700, "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even
>number here)@cox..net> mentioned:

>>I don't use a photo vest, but this is the best reason I've yet heard to at
>>least have one with me.
>>What vest is that you used?
>>Thanks for your help.
>>-Mark
>>

>Welcome to European air travel. Al countries seem to be getting
>tighter on monitoring carry on recently. I use a bum bag / fanny
>sack for one or two items - usually my heavy binoculars and one lens -
>for check in and then put it all back in the camera bag or rucsack
>between check in and security.

>The main airport operator in the UK is now pushing all airlines to
>keep to one carry on per passenger - the justification being speeding
>up security monitoring. It's cheaper than buying more machines and
>paying operators.

It is also fuel prices. Each kilo carried adds a bit
to the cost.

----- Paul J. Gans

Brian

On Fri, 19 May 2006 19:41:06 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>It is also fuel prices. Each kilo carried adds a bit
>to the cost.
>
> ----- Paul J. Gans

This is the airport operator, not the airline and the reason is theirs
as given by them to the press in the UK.

Brian

(For email change closed to open)

MarkČ

Ronald Hands" <""rhandsNOSPAM\"@mountaincable DOT net wrote:
> MarkČ wrote:
>> -Ya, it looks dorky, but the black isn't nearly as bad
>> as the beige.

> Until you get it out where it can soak up some hot sunshine.

Of that, I have no doubt...
....But I do not intend to ever use it for anything other than getting past
the weigh-station at the airport.

David Littlewood

In article <HBtbg.2239$rS6.454@fed1read11>, MarkČ
<mjmorgan@cox.?.net.invalid> writes
>Ronald Hands" <""rhandsNOSPAM\"@mountaincable DOT net wrote:
>> MarkČ wrote:
>>> -Ya, it looks dorky, but the black isn't nearly as bad
>>> as the beige.

>> Until you get it out where it can soak up some hot sunshine.

>Of that, I have no doubt...
>...But I do not intend to ever use it for anything other than getting past
>the weigh-station at the airport.

As I get older and more prone to back problems, I find mine very good
for carrying a modest outfit without the strain of a shoulder bag. The
big hip pockets provide a good stable base for changing lenses on the
move - something which is much harder to do securely with a shoulder
bag. As I said before, I'm past the stage of worrying what uninformed
onlookers think I look like.

I do agree that black (which mine is) can get hot in sunlight though.

David
--
David Littlewood