Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon A620's 400 compared to A80's?

Reply
Thread Tools

Canon A620's 400 compared to A80's?

 
 
Polish Prince \(Szynka\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-21-2006
A620! You will love this camera.



<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> ASAAR wrote:
>
>> No. I mentioned the A610 because it's essentially a more
>> inexpensive version of the A620. It does have "only" 5mp, but
>> that's hardly a limitation unless you're in the habit of making very
>> large prints. A couple of years ago, when the first 7mp cameras hit
>> the streets, many reviews preferred similar cameras using 5mp
>> sensors, since (assuming the sensors had the same dimensions) the
>> sensors with the lower mp count tended to produce less noisy high
>> ISO, low light pictures. That should also be true for the
>> A610/A620, unless the A610's sensor is physically smaller than the
>> one in the A620. But as the A620 apparently does very well in such
>> situations (and I consider dpreview's reviews to be superior to
>> DCR's), you'll probably be quite pleased with an A620 if you decide
>> to get it. The S3 is a very good camera too, but being larger,
>> wouldn't be used quite as often. I have an old Powershot S20 which
>> is smaller than the A610, but I've left it behind many times simply
>> because its bulk was greater than what I was willing to carry. What
>> I'd really like would be a camera no larger than Fuji's A345/A350
>> (and preferably a bit smaller), and retaining its optical viewfinder
>> but having the F10/F11's 6mp sensor and perhaps the addition of some
>> manual controls.

>
>
> Here's the thing, though: even if I don't make large prints (or make
> prints at all, even) since a great deal of my pictures involve creative
> cropping beyond a little off the edges, pixels do matter. I'm not
> making a huge enlargement, but I often am taking a portion that's about
> 1/3 the shot and making that the image. The one mp difference isn't
> enough enticement.
>
> I fiddled with an S3 and am kind of torn, for just the reason you say
> you mention. I take the A80 everywhere, in my vest pocket, and that's
> huge boon to spontaneous pictures getting taken. I also love how I can
> shoot nearly incognito with it. Subjects (informal as they may be)
> don't have to see a huge round glassy thing hovering nearby.
>
> Methinks the A620 is the ticket.
>
> Cheers!
>
> rb
>




--
----------------------------------------
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
It has removed 1601 spam emails to date.
Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canon i960 Compared to New Canon Pixma P6000D Photo Preinter: Opinions On ? Robert11 Digital Photography 2 10-21-2004 03:31 PM
Canon Lense Recommendation: 400 5.6 (non-IS) -or- 100-400 IS Alien Clumps Digital Photography 3 09-20-2004 01:40 AM
SONY DSC-V1, CANON S50 and CANON G-5: Compared Marc Libom Digital Photography 5 12-11-2003 02:19 PM
Olympus Stylus 300/ 400 (mju 300 / 400) carry case Clive Long,UK Digital Photography 1 10-11-2003 01:33 AM
dr("field").toString returns "400.0000" instead of "400" Dan C Douglas ASP .Net 5 07-22-2003 05:48 PM



Advertisments