Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Laptop calibration and brightness settings???

Laptop calibration and brightness settings???

sharjo23

Hi,

I just got the Eye Display 2, and I used its basic setup to calibrate
my laptop. I'm now wondering if I did two things correctly...

First, I did it in a room that was positively dark except for the
laptop.

Second, I had my brightness setting at its highest, since I use my
(glossy screen) laptop at this setting.

Any thoughts on these two items?

Thanks,
Sharon

tlianza

Hi Sharon,

We would have to know a bit more about the lap top you were using. If the
brightness control only effects the back light, you did the right thing, if
the brightness control is there to simulate a video brightness control, the
results will not be so good. Could you please post the make and model of
the laptop you are using?

Thanks,
Tom

P.S. My team designed the hardware for the Eye One Display 2, I hope you
like it.....

--
Tom Lianza
Director of Display and Capture Technologies

"sharjo23" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I just got the Eye Display 2, and I used its basic setup to calibrate
> my laptop. I'm now wondering if I did two things correctly...
>
> First, I did it in a room that was positively dark except for the
> laptop.
>
> Second, I had my brightness setting at its highest, since I use my
> (glossy screen) laptop at this setting.
>
> Any thoughts on these two items?
>
> Thanks,
> Sharon

sharjo23

Hi Tom,

Awesome! I have a Dell Inspiron 700m.

Also, do you have any recommendations as to where to learn more about
using the advanced settings of Eye One Display 2?

I'm just a hobbyist, but wouldn't mind knowing more when I have time
later.

Thanks,
Sharon