Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A Compact Camera For Low Light Spaces

A Compact Camera For Low Light Spaces

Neil Ellwood

On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:05:06 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

>> No matter what I searched for, the answer was " Too many results, only
>> first 10 shown, please try to be more specific.". And all the 10 shown
>> were Canons only. Always. Looks like a pattern, does not it?

> It is a pattern. What brand comes lower in the alphabet than Canon?
>
>> gm

Alpa?
--
Neil
Delete 'l' to reply

ASAAR

On Tue, 16 May 2006 19:17:27 +0100, Neil Ellwood wrote:

>> It is a pattern. What brand comes lower in the alphabet than Canon?

> Alpa?

Does that brand (Swiss?) still exist, and if so, did they ever
make anything other than film cameras? I vaguely recall them as
being very good cameras and having a distinctive, tall prism.

J. Clarke

ASAAR wrote:

> On Tue, 16 May 2006 19:17:27 +0100, Neil Ellwood wrote:
>
>>> It is a pattern. What brand comes lower in the alphabet than Canon?

>> Alpa?

> Does that brand (Swiss?) still exist, and if so, did they ever
> make anything other than film cameras? I vaguely recall them as
> being very good cameras and having a distinctive, tall prism.

Still around, making a 6x7 IIRC.

But there are no reviews of Alpa products on dpreview.com.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

ASAAR

On Tue, 16 May 2006 23:39:16 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

>> Does that brand (Swiss?) still exist, and if so, did they ever
>> make anything other than film cameras? I vaguely recall them as
>> being very good cameras and having a distinctive, tall prism.

> Still around, making a 6x7 IIRC.
>
> But there are no reviews of Alpa products on dpreview.com.

Thanks for the info. I suspect that dpreview would also have no
Besseler Topcon or Bronica reviews, so Canon leads the pack.