Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OLED???

OLED???

Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:41:59 GMT, "BC" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

> Color is BETTER than on an equivalent
>CRT.

You're full of ****.

They don't even have the video bandwidth to receive the same set of
colors, much less reproduce them.

My 19" Viewsonic has 185MHz video bandwidth, and there isn't an FPD
out there (short of the IBM I mentioned earlier) that can correctly
reproduce color as well.

You are totally LOST if you think for a second that FPDs have caught
up with CRTs as it relates to color accuracy, as well as fine pitch
array manufacture. CRTs are still king.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:41:59 GMT, "BC" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

> My Samsung 32 LCD HDTV is the best picture and color I've seen and I
>have seen the Pioneer Elite Plasma--neighbor has one.

Oh boy! The Pioneer must be a PRE HDMI model (apples and oranges)
and that STILL doesn't prove you know anything about displays. IN
fact, it points to you knowing even less.

I have a 37" dual mode Toshiba CRT that STILL beats out my Viewsonic
HDMI 32" on HDTV signals. Hands down.

An FPD has motion artifacts in fast moving scenes. A CRT NEVER has
ANY motion artifacts.

Since you likely do not even know what a motion artifact is, you
should back out of your pathetic argument now.

That's due to the fact that you are an utter ****ing retard.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:41:59 GMT, "BC" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

> CRT monitors especially give me eyestrain when
>working and LCD doesn't.

That is due to your SHITTY graphics adapter, and likely a poor choice
of monitor as well.

You seem to be half assing everything, including this thread, and
certainly your grasp of display technology.

CRTs are still king.

Roy L. Fuchs

On 17 May 2006 08:19:48 -0700, "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave
us:

>BC wrote:
>>
>> False. I do photographic color retouching on a LCD pro monitor and it is
>> color calibrated and calibratable. Color is BETTER than on an equivalent
>> CRT.

>Which LCD monitor do you use?
>
>Better color than a CRT? Color me skeptical.

Thank you. I am sure the truth hurts for the guy, but he cannot
change the physical facts.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 17 May 2006 19:42:19 +0100, Tony Gartshore <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave
us:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> >

>> You are't very bright. The technology is entirely different than
>> LCD manufacture.
>>

><snip>
>>
>> The reason is that LEDs are not light sources. They are illuminated
>> from behind and express serious limitations in color producing
>> capacity as a result.

>Oh dear, you were doing so well up to this point..

Actually, you were. Any IDIOT can tell that it was a case of mild
dyslexia. It is obvious to all but the most self constrained retards
(points finger). LEDs are not backlit.

Oh deer that in your pipe and choke on it.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 17 May 2006 20:19:47 GMT, Bobo The Chimp <(E-Mail Removed)>
Gave us:

>On Wed, 17 May 2006 18:13:21 +1000, The Real Andy wrote:
>
>> On 15 May 2006 11:44:58 -0700, "(E-Mail Removed)"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I heard it with all four letters pronounced, just like the LED has all
>>>three letters pronounced. Afterall, they roll off the tongue fairly
>>>well, unlike say, WWW, which as three times the syllables of "world
>>>wide web".

>> In all the MS webcasts i notice the redmond folks say "dub dub dub",
>> and for product like 'WWF' they say "dub dub ef"
>>

>And the Bush worshippers say, "Dubya, Dubya, Dubya."
>
>cheers!
>Bobo

And the retards that go 'round calling folks "Bush worshippers" are
no more than a follow the flock sheep with blinders on that goes for
whatever his also wussified peers are going for that week.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 17 May 2006 19:12:19 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
<(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>BC wrote:
>>
>> "Roy L. Fuchs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > On Mon, 15 May 2006 14:15:39 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
>> > <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>> > You are't very bright. The technology is entirely different than
>> > LCD manufacture.
>> >
>> > OLED (pronounced Oh-Lead) Is Organic LED.
>> >
>> > EVERY PIXEL is an LED, fully illuminated by current level, and
>> > individually wired... YES WIRED.
>> >
>> > IBM manufactures what is STILL the highest resolution display ther
>> > is. A 19 MILLION pixel OLED monitor.
>> >
>> > It has several miles of wiring in it.
>> >
>> > It also only refreshes at 24Hz in its highest resolution.
>> >
>> > I'll give you three guesses as to who their target market is, and the
>> > first two do not count.
>> >
>> > Oh, and yes... it is out of your budget range.
>> >
>> > OLED will be the hot **** when it become manufacturable in a cost
>> > effective way. Not right now though.
>> >
>> > The reason is that LEDs are not light sources. They are illuminated
>> > from behind and express serious limitations in color producing
>> > capacity as a result.

>> False. I do photographic color retouching on a LCD pro monitor and it is
>> color calibrated and calibratable. Color is BETTER than on an equivalent
>> CRT. My Samsung 32 LCD HDTV is the best picture and color I've seen and I
>> have seen the Pioneer Elite Plasma--neighbor has one. CRT TV's/monitors
>> aren't worth two cents IMO. CRT monitors especially give me eyestrain when
>> working and LCD doesn't. Maybe this new OLED technology WILL be better but
>> for some reason for some people that which is unavailable is always THE
>> BEST.

>That makes sense. LCDs have separate light sources, primary color
>filters and shutters. Each component can be optimized. Particularly the
>primary color filters, being nothing more than fixed filters, don't have
>to be a design compromise between light emitting, control and hue that
>LEDs, phosphors, etc. do.

Try again. Illuminated pixels will always beat backlit filtered
subtractive color mixing schemas.

Why do you think there is even a move toward OLED to begin with,
boys?

Sheesh, get with the program!

dagmargoodboat@yahoo.com

Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006 14:15:39 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
> <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>
> >On Mon, 15 May 2006 13:43:16 -0400, the renowned dh@. wrote:
> >
> >>Hi. How do you pronounce it? Will just a few companies manufacture
> >>the display material itself, or will the electric print idea make it so
> >>everyone can do it, or am I confusing different ideas? This is new to
> >>me, and there's so much potential it's hard to know how to think
> >>about the whole thing...
> >>
> >>Thanks for any info!
> >>
> >>David

> >I imagine the number of companies producing the substrates will
> >eventually be fairly large, I don't think it's that much more
> >difficult than making good LCD panels. I'm pretty impressed with what
> >I've seen so far. No panacea, but it's a nice option.
> >

> You are't very bright.

Unkind, and untrue.

James Arthur

Alan Larson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> Roy L. Fuchs <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:41:59 GMT, "BC" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>
>> My Samsung 32 LCD HDTV is the best picture and color I've seen and I
>>have seen the Pioneer Elite Plasma--neighbor has one.

> Oh boy! The Pioneer must be a PRE HDMI model (apples and oranges)
>and that STILL doesn't prove you know anything about displays. IN
>fact, it points to you knowing even less.
>
> I have a 37" dual mode Toshiba CRT that STILL beats out my Viewsonic
>HDMI 32" on HDTV signals. Hands down.
>
> An FPD has motion artifacts in fast moving scenes. A CRT NEVER has
>ANY motion artifacts.

Not true. SOME fixed pixel displays have motion problems in fast
moving scenes. Some fixed pixel displays do motion just as well as
a CRT.

> Since you likely do not even know what a motion artifact is, you
>should back out of your pathetic argument now.

Your rudeness in your last sequence of messages manages to exceed
the incorrectness of some of your claims.

While decades of work have gone into them, CRTs still have some
problems with image geometry, convergence, color purity, and color
gamut. Very expensive units can do fairly well with the first three
of these, but the gamut remains limited by available phosphors.

Alan