Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon 4600

Nikon 4600

Ken

I bought my wife this camera because she needed something easy to use. I
have a friend who had a similar Nikon (another coolpix) and she had no
problems with it.

Needless to say, we've been disappointed with the 4600. It is difficult
to impossible to get in-focus pictures with it. I guess I didn't do my
homework thoroughly enough.

We had a Canon camera PandS that ended up being the one where the
shutter stopped working and would not open up (I found a class action
suit over this one).

Any recommendations for something in the same price-range, ease of use,
that would actually work?

john

Ken wrote:

> I bought my wife this camera because she needed something easy to use. I
> have a friend who had a similar Nikon (another coolpix) and she had no
> problems with it.
>
> Needless to say, we've been disappointed with the 4600. It is difficult
> to impossible to get in-focus pictures with it. I guess I didn't do my
> homework thoroughly enough.
>
> We had a Canon camera PandS that ended up being the one where the
> shutter stopped working and would not open up (I found a class action
> suit over this one).
>
> Any recommendations for something in the same price-range, ease of use,
> that would actually work?

We also have a Coolpix 4600. It has a number of issues, but it is not
"impossible to get in- focus pictures", except in some low light
situations. Perhaps you have a faulty example of this camera?

john