Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Problem emailing photos

Problem emailing photos

keith

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> keith wrote:
>>
>> "al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> > New digital camera, first one. When I email pictures as attachments,
>> > the recipients receive a thumbnail in the email but when they try to
>> > view them or save them to the computer, they get a message that says
>> > "failed to load photo" on a blank black screen.
>> >
>> > I've tried using photoshop album starter edition (i think) and the
>> > software that came with the camera, canon zoombrowser and have reduced
>> > the sizes of the pictures but with no luck.
>> >
>> > I tried also to figure out how to have the photos appear right in the
>> > email and can't figure that out either.
>> >
>> > Can anyone get me going in the right direction?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> You might want to try Picasa2 from google
>>

>> Since using I have e.mailed many photos because its so easy.
>>
>> Keith.

> How much do they pay you Keith?

Errr........ nothing Paul.........(wish they did )

Is there a problem with the software?

Just stating how I've found a basic Photoshop programme and easy photo
e.mail service. I'm sure there are others.

Keith.

Paul Heslop

keith wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > keith wrote:
> >>
> >> "al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> >> You might want to try Picasa2 from google
> >>

> >> Since using I have e.mailed many photos because its so easy.
> >>
> >> Keith.

> > How much do they pay you Keith?
> >

> Errr........ nothing Paul.........(wish they did )
>
> Is there a problem with the software?
>
> Just stating how I've found a basic Photoshop programme and easy photo
> e.mail service. I'm sure there are others.
>
> Keith.

Sorry keith, seems to have been a few pluggers for the thing, with one
guy even setting up a web site to give it a push. I had heard they've
started offering rewards for promotion.

--
Paul (I met another man who was wounded in hatred)
Stop and Look

keith

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> keith wrote:
>>
>> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > How much do they pay you Keith?
>> >

>> Errr........ nothing Paul.........(wish they did )
>>
>> Is there a problem with the software?
>>
>> Just stating how I've found a basic Photoshop programme and easy photo
>> e.mail service. I'm sure there are others.
>>
>> Keith.

> Sorry keith, seems to have been a few pluggers for the thing, with one
> guy even setting up a web site to give it a push. I had heard they've
> started offering rewards for promotion.

No problem..... I didn't realise that.
I wonder if they will reward for past recommendations )

Anyway, enough plugs.........

Keith.

Paul Heslop

keith wrote:

> No problem..... I didn't realise that.
> I wonder if they will reward for past recommendations )
>
> Anyway, enough plugs.........
>
> Keith.

:O))

--
Paul (I met another man who was wounded in hatred)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Bruce Lewis

Roger <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> You didn't say what you are using for a mail program. Most mail
> programs will handle photos easily.

[...]
> Again it depends on what you are using for a mail program.
> Although my mail readers are set for text only for safety. In HTML
> they will allow the photos to be inserted right into the message.
> You do have to have HTML turned on to view them in the e-mail, but not
> to open an attachment.

What handles photos via email better is ourdoings.com. The email has
alternative parts in different formats for different readers. Roger's
mail readers would pick up the text/plain part that would show the text
that goes with the photos along with "Illustrated at [url]" in case he
wants to go on the web and see them. Other mail readers would show the
HTML, including thumbnails. The thumbnails stay on the web so as to
avoid attachments entirely.

Before Paul asks, yes I do get paid when people use ourdoings.com,
unless they're careful to stay under 2.5MB. It's a penny a week per
5MB, rounded to the penny. I don't like advertising-based business
models, because then the direct customer you have to keep happy is the
advertiser.

--

http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
photos for your family or group.

al

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've found that emailing pix to aol users works fine. I use aol also.
But the first people I sent things to were Yahoo accounts. Pictures
still can't be viewed or downloaded when received by a Yahoo account.
Pixels were lowered and Images reduced to less than 300kbs. I have
received pictures in my yahoo account before sent by others, but I
tried sending pictures to my yahoo acct using aol and still no go.
Thumbnail, but no viewing or downloading. "Image failed to load" is
the message i get.

Thanks again...

Roger

On 17 May 2006 06:53:53 -0700, "al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestions.
>
>I've found that emailing pix to aol users works fine. I use aol also.
>But the first people I sent things to were Yahoo accounts. Pictures
>still can't be viewed or downloaded when received by a Yahoo account.
>Pixels were lowered and Images reduced to less than 300kbs. I have
>received pictures in my yahoo account before sent by others, but I
>tried sending pictures to my yahoo acct using aol and still no go.
>Thumbnail, but no viewing or downloading. "Image failed to load" is
>the message i get.

That is where a system like Bruce mentioned comes in handy. And no...
I don't even know Bruce. <)

>Thanks again...

Roger