Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 350D. How to stop the film rewind sound?

Canon 350D. How to stop the film rewind sound?

Bob

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Listen to those noises again. It sounds EXACTLY like a tennis game on
> T.V. I kept expecting someone to shout "OUT".

OUT? You CANNOT be serious!

Bob

Fred Anonymous

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello,
> Does anyone have an idea is that possible to stop Canon 350D from
> making this noisy sound? I really dont need it to make good pictures,
> and sometimes I prefer my camera to be quiet...

Canon's ZoomBrowser EX software can set sounds effects on cameras.
Any possibility that this has been done with your 350d?

I've definitely not experimented with my 350d in case I set up an effect I
do not like
(such as an animal call when I fire the shutter) and cannot undo it.

Regards, Ian.

Pat

Yes. That judge has been calling them that way all day.

John McWilliams

Bob wrote:
> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Listen to those noises again. It sounds EXACTLY like a tennis game on
>> T.V. I kept expecting someone to shout "OUT".
>>

> OUT? You CANNOT be serious!

How come the Judge (or Umpire, or Ref, whatever he was) hasn't made a tv
commercial out of that incident? Johnny Mac certainly has dined out on
it often enough.

--
john mcwilliams

Paul J Gans

Joseph Meehan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Does anyone have an idea is that possible to stop Canon 350D from
>> making this noisy sound? I really dont need it to make good pictures,
>> and sometimes I prefer my camera to be quiet...

> You might be able to lock the mirror up. That would reduce the sound,
>but the shutter would still make noise and you would be be able to see
>through the viewfinder.

In a digital SLR? How does the light get from the lens
to the viewfinder without a mirror?

---- Paul J. Gans

Pat

I think he forgot the word "not", as in "you would NOT be able to see
....."

Pat

Good point. It could be one of those:

Referee training school: $1,000
Referee jersey: $50.
Referee wistle: $10

Getting his by John Macenroe's raquette, priceless....

Still, did you listen to that audio clip? Is it just me???

John McWilliams

Pat wrote:
> Good point. It could be one of those:
>
> Referee training school: $1,000
> Referee jersey: $50.
> Referee wistle: $10
>
> Getting his by John Macenroe's raquette, priceless....

Hah!

> Still, did you listen to that audio clip? Is it just me???

Which one do you mean? [And please quote enough of the previous post to
put some context about it.]

--
john mcwilliams

John McWilliams

Pat wrote:
> I think he forgot the word "not", as in "you would NOT be able to see
> ...."

IAE, did it occur to anyone that this is a kook or troll thread? Of
course, I'd welcome the OP back for clarification.

--
John McWilliams

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,

> Hello,
> Does anyone have an idea is that possible to stop Canon 350D from
> making this noisy sound? I really dont need it to make good pictures,
> and sometimes I prefer my camera to be quiet...

It's a shitty little motor that winds up the shutter springs for the
next shot. You can't do anything about it unless you want to perform
some camera surgery to tighten up the gears and bearings.

You can always downgrade to a 300D. It uses a silent solenoid to do the
task. Unfortunately solenoids are weak and heavy so the shutter is less
capable.