Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > c-5050 compact flash max size

c-5050 compact flash max size

pc

I've been trying to determine the max memory size supported by my oly
c-5050.

The manual doesn't specify. I can always buy and and try it, but I'd
rather not subject the retailer to a return.

Does it do 1 or 2 GB cards?

Not sure what rev of firmware I have, if it matters.

tx

pc

ASAAR

On 13 May 2006 23:25:54 -0700, pc wrote:

> I've been trying to determine the max memory size supported by my oly
> c-5050.
>
> The manual doesn't specify. I can always buy and and try it, but I'd
> rather not subject the retailer to a return.
>
> Does it do 1 or 2 GB cards?

I don't know what kind of cards it uses, but from your question
I'll assume at least CF, since the C-5060 uses both CF and xD cards.
I also don't know if max. CF sizes are listed on Olympus's website,
but a year ago when they introduced their 1GB xD cards, they added a
table showing which Olympus cameras were (and weren't) compatible
with their 1 GB xD cards. You might also get card size information
by calling the appropriate toll-free tech. support number:

USA: 1-888-553-4448 www.olympusamerica.com/support
Europe: 00800 - 67 10 83 00 www.olympus-europa.com

nellybly

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, pc
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've been trying to determine the max memory size supported by my oly
> c-5050.

Here is the flash memory compatibility chart on the Oly website:
<http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...ti/di000374e.c
fm>
Smartmedia up to 128mb, xD up to 512mb, and Compact Flash up to 1GB. I
use a 1GB Compact flash card with mine.
hth,
NB

Rudy Benner

"nellybly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:140520060924235322%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, pc
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to determine the max memory size supported by my oly
>> c-5050.
>>

> Here is the flash memory compatibility chart on the Oly website:
> <http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...ti/di000374e.c
> fm>
> Smartmedia up to 128mb, xD up to 512mb, and Compact Flash up to 1GB. I
> use a 1GB Compact flash card with mine.
> hth,
> NB

The link got chopped up by the line length, try this one.

http://tinyurl.com/4ea7h

pc

Thanks to 'yall. I looked for and didn't find this chart at Olympus.

Rudy Benner

"pc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Thanks to 'yall. I looked for and didn't find this chart at Olympus.

Did you try the link I supplied earlier? Here it is again.

http://tinyurl.com/4ea7h

I just tried it again just now and it works just fine.

pc

Yes, I guess I wasn't very clear -- sorry.

The link works great. When I was previously at the Olympus site I
looked for such a table and couldn't find it.

Off to Fry's and Costco to buy memory!

pc

Doug Robbins

I'vw got an OLY 5050 and it uses 1 GB compact flash with no problem. Largest
xD card I've tried is 512 MB.

Doug