Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004

Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004

Davin

My opinions:
If you have the money and time to study for and take the additional exams,
go for it. Your resume will appear that you are more experienced due to
having multiple generations of Microsoft developer certifications.

However, if you cannot stop time or have money-growing trees in the backyard
(being silly here), then just go for the .NET exams. These will be worth a
lot more for your career three years from now.

Best of luck to you,
Davin Mickelson

"Abel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello -
>
> Aside from the debate about whether or not certs are worth getting, I want
> to know your opinion about the value of pursuing MCSD vb6 at this point.

> work with VB6 *and* dotNET, so am considering pursuing a certification
> track....Would it be worth it to get the VB6 version just so that I can

have
> that one under my belt by the time it expires (the exams expire June

2004)?

> My motivation for pursuing the MCSD.VB6 would be as a validation, if not
> proof, that I have a certain degree of "mastery". The MCSD.NET would be

for
> that purpose, too, as well as a self-guide for filling in the gaps of what

> don't already know...
>
> Any feedback/opinions/thoughts/discussion will be much appreciated.
>
> TIA.
>
> Cheers!

MCSD In VB6 - Upgrade track to MCAD or MCSD .NET? RichG MCAD 2 01-28-2004 04:42 PM
mcsd for vb6 tarik MCSD 1 11-13-2003 03:20 PM
MCSD.NET from MCSD on VB6 Don Loughran MCSD 4 10-20-2003 02:42 AM
VB6 exams still apply to any certification? Jerry Microsoft Certification 1 08-07-2003 11:35 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM

Advertisments