Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Websites for White people.

Websites for White people.

Mike

"JTS Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
mV0ag.71044$(E-Mail Removed).. .

> "Cuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BJ%9g.70998$(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>
>> All white people should be deported back to Europe
>> where they came from.
>>

> Never end a sentence with a preposition.

Yes, a preposition is a bad word to finish a sentence with.

(Winston Churchill)

Emperor Wonko the Magnificent

Mike wrote:
> "JTS Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> mV0ag.71044$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >
> > "Cuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:BJ%9g.70998$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> >>
> >> All white people should be deported back to Europe
> >> where they came from.

> > Never end a sentence with a preposition.

> Yes, a preposition is a bad word to finish a sentence with.
>
> (Winston Churchill)

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will
not put."

(also Sir Winston)

Floyd L. Davidson

"Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Never end a sentence with a preposition.
>>

>Yes, a preposition is a bad word to finish a sentence with.
>
>(Winston Churchill)

Close, but no cigar.

Churchill apparently did say something about the concept, and
it ended with "up with which I will not put.", but who he said it
to, how he said it, and exactly the text preceeding that phrase
isn't so positive. The two best sounding versions are:

"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."
Oxford Companion to the English Language according to the
FAQ for alt.english.usage

and

"This is the sort of English up with which I will not put."
Sir Ernest Gowers, Plain Words, 1948; and
American Heritage Book of English Usage

Below is the URL that information was gleaned from.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/churchill.html

John McWilliams

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
> "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Never end a sentence with a preposition.
>>>

>> Yes, a preposition is a bad word to finish a sentence with.
>>
>> (Winston Churchill)

> Close, but no cigar.
>
> Churchill apparently did say something about the concept, and
> it ended with "up with which I will not put.", but who he said it
> to, how he said it, and exactly the text preceeding that phrase
> isn't so positive. The two best sounding versions are:
>
> "This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."
> Oxford Companion to the English Language according to the
> FAQ for alt.english.usage
>
> and
>
> "This is the sort of English up with which I will not put."
> Sir Ernest Gowers, Plain Words, 1948; and
> American Heritage Book of English Usage
>
> Below is the URL that information was gleaned from.
>
> http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/churchill.html

That should be: "from which that info. was gleaned"!!! And "shall" might
have been part of the original.

Please trim extraneous, esp. kook, groups, Floyd.

--
john mcwilliams