Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > why a need for 2 card slots?

why a need for 2 card slots?

Bolshoy Huy

Since the Fuji s9500 accepts both xD and CF, is it ok
to just stick both in there instead of swapping cards when full?
[if camera is lost or stolen, so too go your pics]

Since CF costs less, and has bigger capacity[plus people complain xD is
too small] is there any reason to buy xD?
Only Fuji & Olympus use xD, and they seem to be on the way out.

2 slots means a bigger camera, more parts, more cost.
Why no cameras with 2 of the same slots?
Are we paying more for 2 slots if xD is never used?

Personally, I would wish the s9000/9500, with its bigger
sensor and 9mp, would go up to 420mm like the Lumix FZ-30 does.
Perhaps the s5200 would be a better choice as it has a 380mm,
and I wouldnt need to crop.

Dan

CF comes in larger capacities and is faster than XD too. Personally i
always thought that reason Fuji and Olympus (and some others) stick 2
card types in is because they are obligated to put xD cards into their
products due to some agreement. It's not like putting in an extra card
slot takes that much space or adds a lot of cost.