Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus MJU 700 - not taking pictures unless flashed turned off!

Olympus MJU 700 - not taking pictures unless flashed turned off!

jthake@gmail.com

I've had a MJU 700 for 3 weeks and the camera won't take pictures
unless the flash is turned off! As soon as I switch the flash to auto,
red-eye or on it basically focusses in but doesn't take the shot! I get
a red flashing flash icon in the top right below the battery icon. This
icon apparently means "Camera movement / flash charge". In the advanced
manual it says that the flashing is "the flash charging" and you should
"wait until the flash charge mark stops blinking before taking the
picture". But it never stops blinking!

Anyone got any ideas before I have to take off work in the morning to
drop it off to get it repaired?

Thanks
Jeremy

Randy Berbaum

: I've had a MJU 700 for 3 weeks and the camera won't take pictures
: unless the flash is turned off! As soon as I switch the flash to auto,
: red-eye or on it basically focusses in but doesn't take the shot! I get
: a red flashing flash icon in the top right below the battery icon. This
: icon apparently means "Camera movement / flash charge". In the advanced
: manual it says that the flashing is "the flash charging" and you should
: "wait until the flash charge mark stops blinking before taking the
: picture". But it never stops blinking!

: Anyone got any ideas before I have to take off work in the morning to
: drop it off to get it repaired?

I would first try fresh batteries. If the batteries are weak, it may be
possible that there is not enough power to charge the flash capacitor and
thus it will never reach full charge.

If that does not work it is likley a loose or broken connection inside the
camera (loose or disconnected flash capacitor lead) and will probably
require a relatively easy fix.

Randy

==========
Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL

Dennis Pogson

snip>

If that does not work it is likley a loose or broken connection
> inside the camera (loose or disconnected flash capacitor lead) and
> will probably require a relatively easy fix.
>
> Randy

Relatively easy fixes can be obtained at Jessops at a cost of around Ł135.

Mju 700 view finder ptur5054@gmail.com Digital Photography 1 09-03-2006 05:14 PM
Flashed 9800pro bios and now PC won't boot. help jeff Computer Support 3 10-14-2005 10:34 PM
Unless unless Gábor SEBESTYÉN Ruby 3 06-17-2005 08:54 AM
print isn't flashed using PERL by MSWin32 on Windows XP reyal Perl Misc 7 03-07-2005 02:33 AM
Buffering cannot be turned off once it is already turned on. Lord Merlin ASP General 0 04-11-2004 06:04 PM

Advertisments