Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Why B&H is King:

Why B&H is King:

Mark˛

Saturday night, 11:30PM:
--Internet order placed
Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
--E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
Wednesday morning:
--At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.

Last night:
--Similar late-night order
--Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds, conversation:
less than 45 seconds)
--Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival tomorrow AM.

B&H:
Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

-Mark˛

Dave

Amazon.com is quick too. Prices are real close to B&H. And Amazon always
ships free on orders of $25.00 or more.

"Mark˛" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
> Saturday night, 11:30PM:
> --Internet order placed
> Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
> --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
> Wednesday morning:
> --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
>
> Last night:
> --Similar late-night order
> --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds, conversation:
> less than 45 seconds)
> --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival tomorrow AM.
>
> B&H:
> Solid as a rock...every...single...time.
>
> -Mark˛

˝ Confused

On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700
In message <_oR8g.19011$Qz.16779@fed1read11>
"Mark˛" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

> Saturday night, 11:30PM:
> --Internet order placed
> Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
> --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
> Wednesday morning:
> --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
>
> Last night:
> --Similar late-night order
> --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds, conversation:
> less than 45 seconds)
> --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival tomorrow AM.
>
> B&H:
> Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

My B&H experiences have been similar.

Cough it up... what new toys?

Jeff

Mark˛

˝ Confused wrote:
> On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700
> In message <_oR8g.19011$Qz.16779@fed1read11>
> "Mark˛" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>> Saturday night, 11:30PM:
>> --Internet order placed
>> Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
>> --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
>> Wednesday morning:
>> --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
>>
>> Last night:
>> --Similar late-night order
>> --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds,
>> conversation: less than 45 seconds)
>> --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival
>> tomorrow AM.
>>
>> B&H:
>> Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

> My B&H experiences have been similar.
>
> Cough it up... what new toys?

Nothing TOO exciting... (No 5D)

LowePro Rolling Computrekker Plus (laptop and camera gear backpack)
4GB CF card (SanDisk ExIII)
Cardbus PCMCIA CF reader.

Might return the backpack...too big for carry-on...and get the non-plus
version.
(Ordered it last night).

I'm going to Ukraine, and need an all-in-one carry-on.

-Mark˛

˝ Confused

"Mark˛" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

> > Cough it up... what new toys?

> Nothing TOO exciting... (No 5D)
> I'm going to Ukraine <SNIP>

Thanks... rub it in... heh.

I may need a 1DsM2 or larger format, don't know yet... let me know if
you decide on a 5D (w/focus screen and battery grip).

Jeff

Mark˛

˝ Confused wrote:
> "Mark˛" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>>> Cough it up... what new toys?

>> Nothing TOO exciting... (No 5D)
>> I'm going to Ukraine <SNIP>

> Thanks... rub it in... heh.
>
> I may need a 1DsM2 or larger format, don't know yet... let me know if
> you decide on a 5D (w/focus screen and battery grip).
>
> Jeff

You mean you're selling your 5D?
-Make me an offer I can't refuse (sans the horse head, please...)

Mark˛

Pete D

>˝ Confused wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700
>> In message <_oR8g.19011$Qz.16779@fed1read11>
>> "Mark˛" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>>
>>> Saturday night, 11:30PM:
>>> --Internet order placed
>>> Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
>>> --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
>>> Wednesday morning:
>>> --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
>>>
>>> Last night:
>>> --Similar late-night order
>>> --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds,
>>> conversation: less than 45 seconds)
>>> --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival
>>> tomorrow AM.
>>>
>>> B&H:
>>> Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

>> My B&H experiences have been similar.
>>
>> Cough it up... what new toys?

> Nothing TOO exciting... (No 5D)
>
> LowePro Rolling Computrekker Plus (laptop and camera gear backpack)
> 4GB CF card (SanDisk ExIII)
> Cardbus PCMCIA CF reader.
>
> Might return the backpack...too big for carry-on...and get the non-plus
> version.
> (Ordered it last night).
>
> I'm going to Ukraine, and need an all-in-one carry-on.
>
> -Mark˛

Have you looked at the Kata R-103 or is that too small?\

Pete D

Cynicor

Mark˛ wrote:
> Saturday night, 11:30PM:
> --Internet order placed
> Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
> --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
> Wednesday morning:
> --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
>
> Last night:
> --Similar late-night order
> --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds, conversation:
> less than 45 seconds)
> --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival tomorrow AM.
>
> B&H:
> Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

I live close enough that I get things from them overnight when I pay for
the standard shipping. I got mail from them yesterday that the stuff I
needed was now in stock, and voila! It actually was.

If anyone needs the Nikon EN-EL3e battery, B&H has it in stock, by the way.

Thomas T. Veldhouse

Dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Amazon.com is quick too. Prices are real close to B&H. And Amazon always
> ships free on orders of $25.00 or more.

No, not always free over $25. Only if they don't sell via a tranparent
reseller. Check the small print. Often Adorama is the reseller they use for
example. Higher volume equipment they tend to sell directly (i.e. Nikkor
18-200D VR-II AF-S lens).
--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

henryp

Mark˛ (lowest even number here) wrote:
> B&H:
> Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video, Inc.