Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Why B&H is King:

Why B&H is King:

Paul J Gans

Peter A. Stavrakoglou <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Paul J Gans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:e4afn4$ca0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Scott in Florida <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>On Mon, 15 May 2006 03:07:06 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans
>>><(E-Mail Removed)>

>>>LOL....

>>>Well let me order it for you and ship it back.

>>>We could do a two day....

>>>LOL

>> Thanks, but once in a while *somebody* has to pay
>> taxes or we'd end up with a bunch of rapacious crooks
>> in the state house.
>>
>> Oh.
>>
>> Wait.
>>
>> Never mind.

>Paul, you and I and the other New Yorkers are paying dearly to have
>those guys in the state house. Talk about a bad value for the money.

Well, that's another newsgroup, but for the record I agree with
you.

Recently drove to Kalamazoo, Michigan and back. The roads in
New York are the worst in physical shape of any I drove on,
including a few that had the asphalt stripped off.

----- Paul J. Gans

Paul J Gans

Scott in Florida <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Mon, 15 May 2006 18:02:12 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:

>>Scott in Florida <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>LOL....

>>>Well let me order it for you and ship it back.

>>>We could do a two day....

>>>LOL

>>Thanks, but once in a while *somebody* has to pay
>>taxes or we'd end up with a bunch of rapacious crooks
>>in the state house.
>>
>>Oh.
>>
>>Wait.
>>
>>Never mind.
>>
>> ----- Paul J. Gans

>LOL.....

>I'll ship a few of ours up to ya if you really need more...

Nah. Better I ship a few of ours to you. You get your
choice of party.

After all, you seem to have hungry alligators down there.
Perhaps they could be fed politicians instead of people?

----- Paul J. Gans

Cynicor

Paul J Gans wrote:
> Peter A. Stavrakoglou <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Paul, you and I and the other New Yorkers are paying dearly to have
>> those guys in the state house. Talk about a bad value for the money.

> Well, that's another newsgroup, but for the record I agree with
> you.
>
> Recently drove to Kalamazoo, Michigan and back. The roads in
> New York are the worst in physical shape of any I drove on,
> including a few that had the asphalt stripped off.

New York is regularly rated the very worst of all 50 state legislatures.
Completely opaque, concentrated power, nothing ever gets done. Look at
the budget shambles every year, and the one-time tricks like selling
highways to a state-run authority to balance the books. Both sides are
to blame for this garbage.

But yeah, B&H is the greatest. I got my extra-large softbox from them
yesterday, just as promised. The only thing I'd say about the place is
that the used equipment guys don't seem to be too digital-friendly.

Thomas T. Veldhouse

Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> But yeah, B&H is the greatest. I got my extra-large softbox from them
> yesterday, just as promised. The only thing I'd say about the place is
> that the used equipment guys don't seem to be too digital-friendly.

They probably keep the good stuff (or employees buy it) and put it up on Ebay.
I note that KEH now puts up hardware on EBay, however there selection is not
lacking. National Camera Exchange often has stuff up on EBay as well, and
their used selection is usually not that great.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Scott in Florida

On Tue, 16 May 2006 14:52:06 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Scott in Florida <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On Mon, 15 May 2006 18:02:12 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>Thanks, but once in a while *somebody* has to pay
>>>taxes or we'd end up with a bunch of rapacious crooks
>>>in the state house.
>>>
>>>Oh.
>>>
>>>Wait.
>>>
>>>Never mind.
>>>
>>> ----- Paul J. Gans

>>LOL.....

>>I'll ship a few of ours up to ya if you really need more...

>Nah. Better I ship a few of ours to you. You get your
>choice of party.
>
>After all, you seem to have hungry alligators down there.
>Perhaps they could be fed politicians instead of people?
>
> ----- Paul J. Gans

Send an equal number from each party....

No sense making the gators too sick....

--

Scott in Florida

J. Clarke

Cynicor wrote:

> Paul J Gans wrote:
>> Peter A. Stavrakoglou <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Paul, you and I and the other New Yorkers are paying dearly to have
>>> those guys in the state house. Talk about a bad value for the money.

>> Well, that's another newsgroup, but for the record I agree with
>> you.
>>
>> Recently drove to Kalamazoo, Michigan and back. The roads in
>> New York are the worst in physical shape of any I drove on,
>> including a few that had the asphalt stripped off.

> New York is regularly rated the very worst of all 50 state legislatures.
> Completely opaque, concentrated power, nothing ever gets done.

"Nothing ever gets done" is a bad thing how? <g>

> Look at
> the budget shambles every year, and the one-time tricks like selling
> highways to a state-run authority to balance the books. Both sides are
> to blame for this garbage.
>
> But yeah, B&H is the greatest. I got my extra-large softbox from them
> yesterday, just as promised. The only thing I'd say about the place is
> that the used equipment guys don't seem to be too digital-friendly.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> But yeah, B&H is the greatest. I got my extra-large softbox from them
>> yesterday, just as promised. The only thing I'd say about the place is
>> that the used equipment guys don't seem to be too digital-friendly.

> They probably keep the good stuff (or employees buy it) and put it up on
> Ebay.

You pulled that out of your ass, right? Used digital gear is going into the
toilet.A concern like B&H who has a reputation for good hardware would
likely give squat for used digital stuff, and sure as hell wouldn't sell it
on that auction site unless it was Like New.