Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon ixus wired shutter remote?

Canon ixus wired shutter remote?

George Styles

Hi,

Can you get a wired remote control for Canon Ixus cameras (the 750)? im
guessing you cant, because I cannot see where it would connect,. but am
asking anyway

What I am after is a wire with a button on the end, that presses the 'shoot'
button for me.

thanks

Walter Banks

All of the Canon digital camera I have seen can do remote shooting through
a USB connection. (It would be nice if there was a way that a remote could
be used developed that used the USB port )

w..

George Styles wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you get a wired remote control for Canon Ixus cameras (the 750)? im
> guessing you cant, because I cannot see where it would connect,. but am
> asking anyway
>
> What I am after is a wire with a button on the end, that presses the 'shoot'
> button for me.
>
> thanks

George Styles

"Walter Banks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> All of the Canon digital camera I have seen can do remote shooting through
> a USB connection. (It would be nice if there was a way that a remote could
> be used developed that used the USB port )

I should be so lucky. It seems Canon has removed remote capture from their
latest line of Ixus's

DHB

On Fri, 12 May 2006 10:18:21 GMT, "George Styles"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Walter Banks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> All of the Canon digital camera I have seen can do remote shooting through
>> a USB connection. (It would be nice if there was a way that a remote could
>> be used developed that used the USB port )
>>

>I should be so lucky. It seems Canon has removed remote capture from their
>latest line of Ixus's

Also for reason's unknown their A610 also does NOT have it but
it's higher MP twin, the A620 DOES!

Maybe it was a way to motivate some toward the more expensive
A620 over the A610?

Yes it certainly would be nice to have a tiny wired device
that could plug into the USB port & be used to trip the shutter
remotely, programmed time-lapse might also be added that way without
use of a PC or notebook.

Respectfully, DHB

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918