Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D70s Battery question

D70s Battery question

Tim

Hi

Just bought a spare battery for my D70s when I unwrapped it and compared it
to the old one it was obviously different

The old one is a EN-EL3a and the new one is a EN-EL3e

The old has two electrical contacts and the new has three

It's not apparent (to me anyway!) that I can't use the new one according to
the "instruction book" that came with it, so rather than fry the new toy I
thought I'd ask your advice first.

So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

Thanks for any help

Tim

Paul Rubin

"Tim" <no http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

Yes, it's fine.

henryp

Tim wrote:
> So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

As far as I know the ENEL3E is the replacement for the
noew-discontinued ENEL3A and should be fine in your D70s.

The Nikon EN-EL3e Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides 7.4v, and
can store 1500mAh of power - that thranslates into over 200 shots on a
charge. The battery is compatible with Nikon D50, D70, D70s, D100 and
D200 SLR Digital cameras.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Tim

"henryp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Tim wrote:
>> So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

> As far as I know the ENEL3E is the replacement for the
> noew-discontinued ENEL3A and should be fine in your D70s.
>
> The Nikon EN-EL3e Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides 7.4v, and
> can store 1500mAh of power - that thranslates into over 200 shots on a
> charge. The battery is compatible with Nikon D50, D70, D70s, D100 and
> D200 SLR Digital cameras.
>
> Henry Posner
> B&H Photo-Video

Paul, Henry, thanks for your help

Tim

Cynicor

henryp wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

> As far as I know the ENEL3E is the replacement for the
> noew-discontinued ENEL3A and should be fine in your D70s.
>
> The Nikon EN-EL3e Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides 7.4v, and
> can store 1500mAh of power - that thranslates into over 200 shots on a
> charge. The battery is compatible with Nikon D50, D70, D70s, D100 and
> D200 SLR Digital cameras.

Henry! When are you going to have them in stock? I need a couple!

I also need an extra-large PhotoFlex softbox. Are they just having
supply problems now? They seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Tue, 09 May 2006 19:56:33 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Tim" <no
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>

>Just bought a spare battery for my D70s when I unwrapped it and compared it
>to the old one it was obviously different
>

>The old one is a EN-EL3a and the new one is a EN-EL3e
>

>The old has two electrical contacts and the new has three
>

>It's not apparent (to me anyway!) that I can't use the new one according to
>the "instruction book" that came with it, so rather than fry the new toy I
>thought I'd ask your advice first.
>

>So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

As others have stated yes. Now. Would you care to trade that beast for TWO
EN-EL3s? I have three batteries for my D70, the original and two CTA higher
rated compatibles I've used since I bought the camera. I'd like another
battery for my D200 but refuse to pay the above msrp many with them are
charging.
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Tim

> As others have stated yes. Now. Would you care to trade that beast
> for TWO EN-EL3s? I have three batteries for my D70, the original and
> two CTA higher rated compatibles I've used since I bought the camera.
> I'd like another battery for my D200 but refuse to pay the above msrp
> many with them are charging.

I tell you what, when it's empty and I need a new one I'll mail it over
))

Tim

Ed Ruf

On Thu, 11 May 2006 17:13:24 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Tim" <no
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> As others have stated yes. Now. Would you care to trade that beast
>> for TWO EN-EL3s? I have three batteries for my D70, the original and
>> two CTA higher rated compatibles I've used since I bought the camera.
>> I'd like another battery for my D200 but refuse to pay the above msrp
>> many with them are charging.

>I tell you what, when it's empty and I need a new one I'll mail it over

I'll take it and mail you two fully charged in return.
http://EdwardGRuf.com