Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 300d in Dublin

Canon 300d in Dublin

nowszy@gmail.com

Hello! For the next couple of days I am going to visit Dublin. I will
have some free time ,so I will be looking for a shop to buy my desired
Canon 300d. It would have to be a second-hand shop I think, they don't
produce it anymore. Here is my question - PLEASE tell me where should I
look for such a place - do You know any addresses or maybe a place on
the web (www? another group?) where I could ask

I am really thankful for anyanswer. Hope that wasn't too far from this
groups topic

Greetings, Maciek Antonik

Fred Anonymous

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello! For the next couple of days I am going to visit Dublin. I will
> have some free time ,so I will be looking for a shop to buy my desired
> Canon 300d. It would have to be a second-hand shop I think, they don't
> produce it anymore. Here is my question - PLEASE tell me where should I
> look for such a place - do You know any addresses or maybe a place on
> the web (www? another group?) where I could ask
>
> I am really thankful for anyanswer. Hope that wasn't too far from this
> groups topic
>
> Greetings, Maciek Antonik

Hello Maciek.

I was in Dublin last week. I found a nice photo shop with a second-hand
window on Burgh Quay.
I cannot remember the exact name of the shop but it was something like
"Bemmington".
There are other shops -
- City Cameras on Dawson St,
- Camera Centre on Grafton St,
- Dublin Camera Exchange on Trinity St,
- One Hour Photo on St Stephen Green North
but, when I was there last week, none had much second hand equipment in
stock.
I've a recollection that the shop on Burgh Quay had a 20D second hand but I
don't recall seeing a 300D.

To be honest, there wasn't a lot of second hand equipment on show in Dublin.
I would expect to see more here in my home city of Nottingham.

There is a rail link between Dublin and Belfast. Journey time is around two
hours in each direction and the cost for a return ticket is around fifty
euros. It is a nice trip.
I only had a quick look around Belfast and found only three camer shops -
- Jessops on High St and Arthur Sq, (Jessops are ceasing to trade in second
hand equipment)
- another shop, cannot recall the name, on Wellington Place.

Hope this helps.

Oh - you could try www.lcegroup.co.uk if you do not get your 300d in Dublin.

I've had excellent service from several of their branches.

Regards, Ian.

Peter A.

> Hello! For the next couple of days I am going to visit Dublin. I will
> have some free time ,so I will be looking for a shop to buy my desired
> Canon 300d.

Try Conns Cameras. Family run, been around for a looong time,
knowlegeable staff. Couple of minuits walk from the top of Grafton St.

http://www.connscameras.ie/

Check their second hand listings *daily*, they really do update it at
least once a day. And try and avoid the collection of Manfrotto tripods
which are *extremely* tempting (he notes ruefully. Great tripod
though!)
Personally I would grab all the evening newspapers/buy-sell papers on
day one and go through the small ads first.
Just got back from a visit myself, and left some money at Conns, as
usual. Good luck with your search.

Fred Anonymous

> Try Conns Cameras. Family run, been around for a looong time,
> knowlegeable staff. Couple of minuits walk from the top of Grafton St.
>
> http://www.connscameras.ie/
>
> Check their second hand listings *daily*, they really do update it at
> least once a day. And try and avoid the collection of Manfrotto tripods
> which are *extremely* tempting (he notes ruefully. Great tripod
> though!)
> Personally I would grab all the evening newspapers/buy-sell papers on
> day one and go through the small ads first.
> Just got back from a visit myself, and left some money at Conns, as
> usual. Good luck with your search.

Hi Peter. Thanks for the info on Conns Cameras. I missed them when I
visited Dublin last week - only had the Berlitz guide and none of the shops
in it really had a second-hand range.
Next time - I'll have a look at Conns.

Regards, Ian.

Peter A.

Fred Anonymous wrote:

> Hi Peter. Thanks for the info on Conns Cameras.

You're welcome. I've always found them to be pretty good. But then
again, I live in rural Spain so 'any' camera shop seems pretty good.
Like Crocodile Dundee in N.Y.C.

I went into Conns with a wish list of 67 and 77mm circular polarisers,
a spare Nikon ML-L3 remote and a nikon mount Sigma 10-20mm. (Couldn't
go the grand for the DX). They had them all on the shelf *and* cleaned
an Irish dust-bunny off my sensor to boot. So I am a happy camper.