Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Re: What are the best practices for learning .net

Re: What are the best practices for learning .net

Jeff

Dude, you don't need to know anything about OO to pass the MCSD exams.

"Kline Sphere" <T> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you do not understand the object oriented approach to software
> development, your best bet is get on do so, before trying to learn a
> particular language. There are plenty of good books which go through
> the basics and beyond.
>
> Once you can understand object oriented techniques, each new language
> becomes easy to understand and use.
>
> Next it's a matter of understanding the dot net framework, what it
> consists of and how individual languages work within the framework.
>
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:04:31 -0700, "Jamie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> > I am new to this .net framework. Can anyone tell me wat
> >is the best way to learn a new language ( C# ) and also
> >about asp.net. SOme ppl say that take a book and start
> >reading from chapter A to chapter Z. and some ppl say that
> >just start making an application and u will learn as u do.
> >Which technique is the best.
> >
> >If i use the technique learn as I do then how do i know
> >what to use at what situations and what is the best way to
> >solve it.
> > please help,
> > Jamie

Kline Sphere

>Dude, you don't need to know anything about OO to pass the MCSD exams.

True, but you do need to understand object oriented techniques in
order to take advantage of the capabilities of the dot net languages.

You will certainly need to understand OO in the real world.

So, it's quite surprising that object oriented techniques are hardly
covered on the exams.