Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 3D graphics with Sony PS 2

3D graphics with Sony PS 2

Conrad

Hi,

I was visiting with grandsons earlier this week and one of them was
playing game on Sony PlayStation 2. I was very impressed with the 3D
graphics displayed on a TV monitor. Really cool.

How are such excellent graphics achieved in a relatively inexpensive
hardware setup? Software must be outstanding.

Best,

Conrad
Camp Sherman, Oregon

Hywel Jenkins

Conrad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was visiting with grandsons earlier this week and one of them was
> playing game on Sony PlayStation 2. I was very impressed with the 3D
> graphics displayed on a TV monitor. Really cool.
>
> How are such excellent graphics achieved in a relatively inexpensive
> hardware setup?

Economies of scale, pre-rendering on expensive hardware.

> Software must be outstanding.

Probably, but so is the hardware.

You're probably in the wrong group.

--