Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Re: any new MCADs or MCSDs hired recently?

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: any new MCADs or MCSDs hired recently?

 
 
Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2003
Well put.

>In order to be a "Developer" you have to understand the business you
>are automating, you have to have experience.


Unfortunately the dot com boom generated a torrent of unskilled IT
people. Fortunately, many of those have died, or are dying, by the way
side.

On 27 Jun 2003 20:11:35 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (IntelexIT) wrote:

>tommylee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> I agree. The reason that companies are out sourcing their projects to
>> countries like India,China is that the capable software developers in US
>> is depleting. Microsoft is investing millions of dollars in those
>> countries because she sees a lot of potential there.

>
>I disagree with this completely... MS is investing because they are
>hedging their bet against open source… (but that's not the topic
>here).
>
>I believe we in the US are going through yet another "growth period"
>in IT just as the previous poster noted, through the 80's and 90's (I
>was around back then as well). Our industry needs to learn something
>that they simply haven't yet.
>In order to be a "Developer" you have to understand the business you
>are automating, you have to have experience.
>
>Unfortunately the $10.00 per hour coders over in India are looking
>really attractive to those setting budgets right now. So what happens?
>The people on this side who know very little about real software
>development are demanding cost cutting to compete with their
>competitors who are doing the same thing! It's a vicious circle. These
>people seriously think a programmer is a programmer is a programmer.
>It's like fixing a car to them, there's only one way to do it. We all
>know that's WRONG! There's the right way (which is a combination of
>art and science), the kluge way (which is the old "At least it works!"
>way) and the wrong way.
>
>I believe our industry WILL change but it is not dead. More and more
>demand will be made for "Specification Writers" and "Project
>Architects" to develop the specs to be shipped over seas and be a face
>for the clients to actually see. Ultimately I believe businesses will
>come back to the old stand-by of "In the long run, quality is better
>that Quantity every day" and "I'll take one experienced individual
>over eight inexperienced every day". I'm betting on another 6 months
>before we see an obvious change in direction.
>
>Please don't get me wrong, of course there are folks in India that
>know our business, but it is a very very small percentage of their
>coders...
>
>Deacon


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Job Guaranteed Training Centers Hired by IBM !! All over India indiantrainings@gmail.com Java 0 07-12-2008 07:27 PM
Upgrade Exam Betas for MCADs and MCSDs to MCPD Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation MCAD 0 01-28-2006 03:20 AM
How many MCADs C. Hunter MCAD 2 02-28-2005 03:07 AM
Seeking advice from employed MCSDs Rana Ian MCSD 5 10-04-2003 08:53 AM
Re: Hey Microsoft, hire some MCSDs! Davin Mickelson MCSD 0 07-28-2003 06:12 PM



Advertisments