Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Epson Stylus Photo 2000P user opinions

Epson Stylus Photo 2000P user opinions

tkranz

Hello all,
I was recently given a Stylus Photo 2000P printer from a friend who got
something newer and better. I've only begun to experiment. I have heard
that this printer is very dependant on using Epson photo papers compatible
with the Epson ink cartridges. I'd appreciate comments from users with good
ink-paper combinations.

On my HP printer, I like the output on Kodak premium Glossy photo paper.
Anyone use this successfully with the Epson? (don't happen to have any in
stock right now or would just test)

Thanks for any feedback.
-tsk

Polish Prince \(Szynka\)

I have owned the C-84 and the C-88.
Kodak paper does not work.
You must use Epson paper for images.
By the way, the heads clogged up on
both of these printers.

LZ

"tkranz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B0C6g.45448$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
> I was recently given a Stylus Photo 2000P printer from a friend who got
> something newer and better. I've only begun to experiment. I have heard
> that this printer is very dependant on using Epson photo papers compatible
> with the Epson ink cartridges. I'd appreciate comments from users with
> good
> ink-paper combinations.
>
> On my HP printer, I like the output on Kodak premium Glossy photo paper.
> Anyone use this successfully with the Epson? (don't happen to have any in
> stock right now or would just test)
>
> Thanks for any feedback.
> -tsk

Polish Prince \(Szynka\)

I have owned the C-84 and the C-88.
Kodak paper does not work.
You must use Epson paper for images.
By the way, the heads clogged up on
both of these printers.

LZ

"tkranz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B0C6g.45448$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
> I was recently given a Stylus Photo 2000P printer from a friend who got
> something newer and better. I've only begun to experiment. I have heard
> that this printer is very dependant on using Epson photo papers compatible
> with the Epson ink cartridges. I'd appreciate comments from users with
> good
> ink-paper combinations.
>
> On my HP printer, I like the output on Kodak premium Glossy photo paper.
> Anyone use this successfully with the Epson? (don't happen to have any in
> stock right now or would just test)
>
> Thanks for any feedback.
> -tsk

It has removed 1504 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Robert Feinman

In article <B0C6g.45448$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hello all,
> I was recently given a Stylus Photo 2000P printer from a friend who got
> something newer and better. I've only begun to experiment. I have heard
> that this printer is very dependant on using Epson photo papers compatible
> with the Epson ink cartridges. I'd appreciate comments from users with good
> ink-paper combinations.
>
> On my HP printer, I like the output on Kodak premium Glossy photo paper.
> Anyone use this successfully with the Epson? (don't happen to have any in
> stock right now or would just test)
>
> Thanks for any feedback.
> -tsk

I use this printer a lot. I find the luster paper from Epson
gives a good balance between contrast and variable reflection off
the surface (what people call bronzing). The matte paper also works
well and doesn't have any surface issues, but the maximum blacks
are not as intense.
The luster also comes on a 13" roll which allows you to print odd sizes
without wasting paper if you wish.
A good source of supplies (paper and ink) is Atlex.

I have some tips on my web site about setting up a workflow which will
help produce good inkjet prints. Just follow the tips link on my
home page.

If you plan to make large prints (say 13x19 or so) you will only get
about 7-9 prints per color cartridge. Refills and off brands don't
work well, so don't try them.

--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com

Fred McKenzie

"tkranz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I was recently given a Stylus Photo 2000P printer from a friend who got
> something newer and better. I've only begun to experiment. I have heard
> that this printer is very dependant on using Epson photo papers compatible
> with the Epson ink cartridges. I'd appreciate comments from users with good
> ink-paper combinations.

tsk-

I've had my Stylus Photo 2000P since they first came out. There were a
couple of times I needed to clean the heads after it had sat unused for
several months, but it has always cleaned-up nicely.

I generally use "Premium High Gloss Photopaper" from Office Depot with
good results. However I once did a sun-exposure test by placing photos
inside the rear window of my car for a year.

At the end of the year, prints made on two other printers were grossly
faded. It was necessary to compare the 2000P print with an un-exposed
control print to see any difference. Although the ink withstood the sun
exposure, the Office Depot paper did not. The paper surface had become
chalky, and a fingernail would easily scratch it. Therefore, I suggest
use of Epson's recommended papers for prints where very long life is
needed.

Fred

Nona

I too have had the 2000P since it came out. It has served me well. I use
it exclusively for photo printing. With the Luster paper and Epson ink, so
far it has not failed. In fact, the prints look better than professional.
Atlex is my source for ink and paper. It is cheaper than any of the locals,
Staples, etc., even with the shipping.

Nona