Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to Become a Successful Wedding Photographer

How to Become a Successful Wedding Photographer

Info Dude

How to Become a Successful Wedding Photographer

Achieving success in the wedding photography industry is not just a
matter of getting a camera and start shooting. Here are some points
that I believe will guide aspiring or beginner wedding photographers
to become succesful.

Read Full Article At: http://tinyurl.com/h4ns2

John McWilliams

Info Dude wrote:
> How to Become a Successful Wedding Photographer
>
> Achieving success in the wedding photography industry is not just a
> matter of getting a camera and start shooting. Here are some points
> that I believe will guide aspiring or beginner wedding photographers
> to become succesful.
>
> Read Full Article At: http://tinyurl.com/h4ns2

Not until you say who you are and why you want us to become. er, Become!
a Successful Wedding Photographer.

--
John McWilliams

Paul Heslop

John McWilliams wrote:

> Info Dude wrote:
> > How to Become a Successful Wedding Photographer
> >
> > Achieving success in the wedding photography industry is not just a
> > matter of getting a camera and start shooting. Here are some points
> > that I believe will guide aspiring or beginner wedding photographers
> > to become succesful.
> >
> > Read Full Article At: http://tinyurl.com/h4ns2

> Not until you say who you are and why you want us to become. er, Become!
> a Successful Wedding Photographer.
>
> --
> John McWilliams

It's another one of those '12 steps to...' articles from

http://www.articlereprintsgalore.com...otographer/262

and includes such things as "take pictures, preferably of weddings"
:O)

--
Paul (Hey man wake up and smell the concrete)
Stop and Look

Neil Ellwood

On Tue, 02 May 2006 15:03:29 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> It's another one of those '12 steps to...' articles from
>
> http://www.articlereprintsgalore.com...otographer/262
>
> and includes such things as "take pictures, preferably of weddings"
> :O)

A really technical course then......
--
Neil
Delete 'l' to reply

Paul Heslop

Neil Ellwood wrote:

> On Tue, 02 May 2006 15:03:29 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > It's another one of those '12 steps to...' articles from
> >
> > http://www.articlereprintsgalore.com...otographer/262
> >
> > and includes such things as "take pictures, preferably of weddings"
> > :O)

> A really technical course then......
> --
> Neil
> Delete 'l' to reply

There's something about this site, someone used to post that awful ten
tips thing which was so out of date. There's a popup which basically
says "Turn your volume up and learn to make cash" and there's a few
things at the side which say to me the site is about earning rewards,
rather than content. There are a couple of good tips, like 'learn your
craft' but there are no hard and fast rules or real hard photographic
advice given. It smacks of being paid per visit or something.

--
Paul (Hey man wake up and smell the concrete)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

J. Clarke

Info Dude wrote:

> How to Become a Successful Wedding Photographer
>
> Achieving success in the wedding photography industry is not just a
> matter of getting a camera and start shooting. Here are some points
> that I believe will guide aspiring or beginner wedding photographers
> to become succesful.
>
> Read Full Article At: http://tinyurl.com/h4ns2

Generic advice for success in life. Find a bunch of people/businesses who
need a service such as you provide, convince them to give you a try, and do
a good enough job that they don't regret that choice. Oh, and don't forget
to bill them.

For most people the "do a good enough job" is the easy part.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

olivia14 olivia14 is offline
Junior Member

1.Learn photography before anything else. A wedding photographer is expected to be a master of the craft. You will be in charge of capturing people's most precious life moments. The wedding day is not the place to learn photography.
2.Just because you got a brand new camera it does not automatically make you an effective and reliable photographer. Photography goes beyond cool toys and gadgets. Learn composition and develop a unique artistic vision. Some of the great photographs of all time were taken with manual cameras.
3.Master the digital workflow, including color management, digital image processing, file management and image correction and enhancement.
4.Learn to love photography more than anything else. Don't come to the wedding photography field with just dreams of making money. It is true that there are many successful wedding photographers that make a lot of money.
5.Focus on delivering quality more than quantity. Seek with all your heart to capture unique photographs.
6.Develop a style that is recognizable and unique. Don't try to be like somebody else. Clients look for unique photographers, with a unique vision.
7.Give wedding photography all your heart and effort. Long when you are gone your photographs will last forever. It is a great way to be remembered.
8.Open your heart and your mind and great photos will happen. Concentrate on the human aspect of weddings, the details, and emotions and be ready to capture them. Let the camera become an extension of you.
9. Share your technical knowledge and make connections with other wedding photographers.
10. Participate in wedding photography image competitions. It will give you the opportunity to have your work evaluated by peers and the motivation to improve your work quality.
11. Learn something new everyday. Take advantage of professional photography organizations such as Professional Photographers of America (PPA), WPPI, etc. Attend their seminars, workshops. Participate in Internet wedding photography forums and learn and share tips, tools and techniques.
12. Don't neglect the business aspect of wedding photography. Learn to manage your business effectively. Take business courses and seminars.

Lake Tahoe Wedding Photographers