Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > "windows cannot configure this wireless connection"

"windows cannot configure this wireless connection"

=?Utf-8?B?bXJrYw==?=

When viewing available networks, instead of seeing available networks I get:
"windows cannot configure this wireless connection." Have manually turned on
the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC). However, each time I shut down and
turn back on, I get the same error message again. HELP!

Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

"=?Utf-8?B?bXJrYw==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> When viewing available networks, instead of seeing available
> networks I get: "windows cannot configure this wireless
> connection." Have manually turned on the Wireless Zero
> Configuration (WZC). However, each time I shut down and turn
> back on, I get the same error message again. HELP!

Your wireless adapter is being managed by the manufacturer-supplied
utility. On each boot-up, the mfr's utility shuts down the WZC
service.

To overcome it, try this:
- Rt-click the WLAN icon and click View available wireless networks
- Click on Change advanced settings
- Click on Wireless networks tab
- Click to tick the box for "Use Windows to configure my wireless
network settings"
- OK everything
- Reboot Windows