Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Wide angle lens for FZ30

Wide angle lens for FZ30

I'm looking for a wide angle lens for my FZ30. The Panasonic lens looks
fairly pricey at ~140. Raynox do the hd-6600pro 55 and the DCR-5000,
both of which look as though they would be suitable, although the
DCR-5000 would need an adapter ring.

Has anyone got any experience of these lenses? Is there a better one
around? Experience of any suppliers?

TIA

--
Frank

John Bean

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:19:53 +0100, F
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm looking for a wide angle lens for my FZ30. The Panasonic lens looks
>fairly pricey at ~140. Raynox do the hd-6600pro 55 and the DCR-5000,
>both of which look as though they would be suitable, although the
>DCR-5000 would need an adapter ring.
>
>Has anyone got any experience of these lenses? Is there a better one
>around? Experience of any suppliers?

I have both. The DCR5000 is complete junk. The HD6600 is in
a different league, hard to believe it's from the same
manufacturer. After buying the DCR5000 I'd never have even
tried the HD6600 had it not been for some examples I was
shown by another user but I'm very glad I did, the
performance is first class.

--
John Bean

On 29/04/2006 12:27 John Bean wrote:

> I have both. The DCR5000 is complete junk. The HD6600 is in
> a different league, hard to believe it's from the same
> manufacturer.

Thanks for the response: appreciated.

Looks like I'll be going for the HD6600 then. Any thoughts on a supplier?

--
Frank

John Bean

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:52:43 +0100, F
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 29/04/2006 12:27 John Bean wrote:
>
>> I have both. The DCR5000 is complete junk. The HD6600 is in
>> a different league, hard to believe it's from the same
>> manufacturer.

>Thanks for the response: appreciated.
>
>Looks like I'll be going for the HD6600 then. Any thoughts on a supplier?

Mine came via ebay so I can't help you there.

--
John Bean