Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Ricoh Capilio 3 - max zoom quality problem

Ricoh Capilio 3 - max zoom quality problem

Erico

I've noticed that at max (200 mm) zoom detail in pictures is quite blurry
even outdoors with good light and short shutter time - is it just my camera?
Eric

Joan

Have you eliminated camera shake by putting the camera on a firm
surface and using the self timer?

--
Joan

"Erico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44533bf2$0$21928$(E-Mail Removed) u...
: I've noticed that at max (200 mm) zoom detail in pictures is quite
blurry
: even outdoors with good light and short shutter time - is it just my
camera?
: Eric
:
:

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Ο "Erico" <(E-Mail Removed)> έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news:44533bf2$0$21928$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> I've noticed that at max (200 mm) zoom detail in pictures is quite blurry
> even outdoors with good light and short shutter time - is it just my

camera?
> Eric

I still rememember the 35mm film rule which tells that for a steady shot you
have to use a shutter speed shorter than the focal length of the lens in
mm-thus 1/250 for a 200 mm, as your case or even better 1/500.Or even better
buy a cheap aluminium tripod-I bought one for just 12 euros and I use it
also with my camcorder to take concerts.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
542nd mechanized infantry batallion

Erico

I've thought about that too and even at 1/500 is still blurry

Eric

news:e2vo97$nsj$(E-Mail Removed)...