Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photographs of Yosemite 2006

Photographs of Yosemite 2006

ned.sudduth@gmail.com

water falls, snow, half dome, you name it

http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

k-man

Thanks for sharing them. I like the one at the bottom, entitled "Half
Dome Photo with Snow and Clouds."

Kevin

Mark²

> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
>
> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

It looks to me like we were likely shooting half-dome on the same day...
I shot this one on April 8th...just before the sun dipped below the
cliffs/mountain behind me:
Bigger:

Was your shot captured on the 8th?
Looks like you shot yours perhaps shortly after I did...when the sun had
dipped a bit more.

I likely saw you standing in a field somewhere.

-Mark²

aaJoe

> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

Great composition - the kid with the red sunglasses......very dynamic!
He's just.....right there! Gotta remember that depth of field with a
wide angle shot for a portrait with a difference!

The detail is obviously a far cry from the original. I wonder what kind
of sacrifice you have to make to get them from the camera to the 1024 x
683 web size?

JimmyG

Touché!

--
Jimmy

Stacey

aaJoe wrote:

>> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
>> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

> Great composition - the kid with the red sunglasses......very dynamic!
> He's just.....right there!

Yep, that's the only one I liked (it -is- a good one..) , the rest have been
shot a ZILLION times at least and too many of these were either blown
highlights or poor color saturation etc.

--

Stacey

Helen

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
>
> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

I like the pics, and I'm jealous, because it's a place I really want to
visit.

But your site is badly broken in Mozilla. In IE the thumbnails, previous
posts, bit about the 20D, etc, all appear after the big pics, but in Firefox
all that stuff is at top right and partly obscured by the first two bigger
pictures. I had to dust off IE, which I hate and fear, to see things
properly.

Helen

John McWilliams

Stacey wrote:
> aaJoe wrote:
>
>>> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
>>> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

>> Great composition - the kid with the red sunglasses......very dynamic!
>> He's just.....right there!

> Yep, that's the only one I liked (it -is- a good one..) , the rest have been
> shot a ZILLION times at least and too many of these were either blown
> highlights or poor color saturation etc.

Jeez, Stacey, you're a tough critic. Of course some of the Yosemite
shots have been shot millions of times; it's the seminal view and every
photog ought to have a go. This is a good set.

If they'd been processed differently, you'd say they were over saturated
and there was no shadow detail.

Oy!

--
John McWilliams

John McWilliams

Helen wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
>>
>> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/
>>

> I like the pics, and I'm jealous, because it's a place I really want to
> visit.
>
> But your site is badly broken in Mozilla. In IE the thumbnails, previous
> posts, bit about the 20D, etc, all appear after the big pics, but in Firefox
> all that stuff is at top right and partly obscured by the first two bigger
> pictures. I had to dust off IE, which I hate and fear, to see things
> properly.

It's also broken in Safari, and Firefox. My laptop has a wide screen so
I was still able to view the pictures fine, but they overlap the text.

--
John McWilliams

Paul Allen

Helen wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
>>
>> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/
>>

> I like the pics, and I'm jealous, because it's a place I really want to
> visit.
>
> But your site is badly broken in Mozilla. In IE the thumbnails, previous
> posts, bit about the 20D, etc, all appear after the big pics, but in Firefox
> all that stuff is at top right and partly obscured by the first two bigger
> pictures. I had to dust off IE, which I hate and fear, to see things
> properly.

Same here. I've not said anything because everybody was saying
such nice things about the images. In Firefox 1.5.0.1, it's not
obvious how you're supposed to navigate, text overlays images, some
text overlays other text, etc. Really pretty bad. (Not the pictures,
the web site.)

Paul Allen