Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > To RPD Regulars & Friends...a Request:

To RPD Regulars & Friends...a Request:

David J. Littleboy

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> David, you have some really nice stuff.
>
> After looking at your pictures, seeing your name, and seeing your
> location I have one question, if you don't mind. Your pictures have a
> definite oriental style and flair, and it is very nice. I was
> wondering if your style developed in Japan or if you learned
> photography somewhere else and the oriental flair stems from the
> subject matter? Any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks.

Short answer: it's the subject matter.

I started out ca. 1960 as a kid in Boston, and did medium format B&W through
high school. Purely hacking around on my own, wishing that I could someday
play in the Minor White/Edward Weston fast lane. But I got away from it, so
figuring out photography has been something I've wanted to do for a long
time. Digital came along and I happened to be in Japan, so here I am.

Subject matter is a really really hard problem. A photograph should stand on
its own regardless of the subject matter, yet a photograph has to be of
something. Japan is both an Oriental country and a very generic modern
country. The temples and graveyards are the most obviously "oriental"
subject matter, so I get drawn to them. There's some nice scenery in the
countryside, too.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

David Dyer-Bennet

"Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> writes:

> This is simply a request/invitation for
> familiar folks to post links to their image sites
> in one place (this thread).

Okay, can't pass that up.

Photos I make some pretensions for (artistic or commercial) are at
<http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/gallery/>.

My snapshot collection (the part scanned to date plus the digital
part) is at <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/data/>.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>

Skip M

> This is simply a request/invitation for
> familiar folks to post links to their image sites
> in one place (this thread).
>
> -Whether it be a personally created photo site...Pbase...or other photo
> posting service,
> I think it would be great to create the chance to easily collect them.
> Once upon a time we had a "usual suspects" invitation, which was a
> self-portrait
> collection. It was helpful/fun because it gave a reference point for the
> faceless names
> we see here so often.
>
> So... Any takers?
> They don't have to be prize-winning photos...
> Come on now and...Post that URL!
>

> Here's mine...such as it is...
> http://www.pbase.com/markuson
>
> Your turn~!

http://www.pbase.com/skipm/profile
In all its transient glory...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Frank ess

Mark² wrote:
> This is simply a request/invitation for
> familiar folks to post links to their image sites
> in one place (this thread).

<snip>

http://www.fototime.com/inv/B8766D653DA86BF

--
Frank ess
"reSIST the URGE to exPLAIN"

Rob Davison

Mark² wrote:

> Your turn~!

http://www.pbase.com/mapleglen/

Don Wiss

"Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

>This is simply a request/invitation for
>familiar folks to post links to their image sites
>in one place (this thread).

http://donwiss.com/pictures/

Annika1980

You've seen the rest, now see the best!

http://www.pbase.com/bret

Annika1980

Scott W wrote:

> I tend to throw photos up after an event ......

Maybe you shouldn't eat so many?

RoseW

In news:mdj4g.14932$Qz.5313@fed1read11,
Mark² <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> typed:
| This is simply a request/invitation for
| familiar folks to post links to their image sites
| in one place (this thread).
|
| -Whether it be a personally created photo site...Pbase...or other
| photo posting service,
| I think it would be great to create the chance to easily collect them.
| Once upon a time we had a "usual suspects" invitation, which was a
| self-portrait
| collection. It was helpful/fun because it gave a reference point for
| the faceless names
| we see here so often.
|
| So... Any takers?
| They don't have to be prize-winning photos...
| Come on now and...Post that URL!
|

| Here's mine...such as it is...
| http://www.pbase.com/markuson
|
| Your turn~!

David J.Littleboy http://www.pbase.com/davidjl
Pete D
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/pr...=images&id=190
Derek Fountain http://www.derekfountain.org/photos.php
Mardon http://www.JustPhotos.ca/ Be sure to follow the "Galleries"
link. (snowmobile action shots)
John Bean http://waterfoot.smugmug.com/
Jim Townsend http://www.pbase.com/jim_townsend
Raphael Bustin www.terrapinphoto.com
Bruce Lewis http://ourdoings.com/brlewis/
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGallery.cfm?AcctID=11354
Sports Photos/McWilliams Photography @
<http://www.printroom.com/pro/jpmcw>
Daniel Silevitch
http://ri22.uchicago.edu/~dmsilev/mill_park_spring/ My favorite of
the bunch is probably
http://ri22.uchicago.edu/~dmsilev/mi...es/page_5.html

Scott W http://www.pbase.com/konascott
RoyG http://homepages.tesco.net/~roy.gibson1/
David Dyer-Bennet http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/gallery/ Mysnapshot
collection (the part scanned to date plus the digital part) is at
http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/data/
SkipM http://www.pbase.com/skipm/profile
Frank Ess http://www.fototime.com/inv/B8766D653DA86BF
Rob Davison http://www.pbase.com/mapleglen/
Don Wiss http://donwiss.com/pictures/
Annika1980 http://www.pbase.com/bret

Rose Weir http://rwgallery.cjb.cc

so...additional url posts could be added to this list for a summary to
browse through later.
Rose

Paul Bartram

http://mykoalabear.netfirms.com/KBWA1.htm

Paul

regulars expressions ? scott Python 4 06-28-2005 07:20 PM
For All the Newbies/Non-regulars... Lewis Lang Digital Photography 1 02-03-2005 10:22 AM
Re: COLA Regulars being forged in aow-xp Keyser Soze Computer Information 0 01-18-2005 03:37 PM
Re: COLA Regulars being forged in aow-xp Keyser Soze Computer Support 0 01-18-2005 03:37 PM
To All Regulars... Toolman Tim Computer Support 15 01-10-2005 11:59 PM

Advertisments