Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > TROLL: I need an answer quick!!

TROLL: I need an answer quick!!

tomm42

Rich wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:54:04 -0400, Cynicor
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Which is better, Nikon or Canon??

> Sony? No wait...that's next year.

Yeah, Sony will make a 10mp camera with a great Zeiss lens (al la R1).
Then contract with Sigma or Cosina to make cheap extra lenses, change
the mount just enough that you can't use older Minolta lenses. Forget
to put in a RAW buffer (alla R1) and charge $2500.

Tom

Matt Ion

J. Clarke wrote:
> Måns Rullgård wrote:
>

>>ASAAR <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>>> Mad Dogs and Englishmen wouldn't dare go out in the hot African
>>>sun without a suitable attaché case for their photo gear. Somehow,
>>>John Cleese wouldn't seem right toting a Lowepro unless, perhaps,
>>>the goal was to capture some shots of lions. If you know what I
>>>mean. (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

>>What about climbing the Kilimanjaro? Would a twin lens reflex be
>>a suitable choice of camera?

> For _that_ landscape? Nothing less than a 16x20 view camera would do.

16x20 *inches*!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0617-3, 04/28/2006
Tested on: 4/28/2006 9:54:43 AM

Matt Ion

J. Clarke wrote:
> tomm42 wrote:
>

>>Geesh, did someone harrass you because of your Nikon D200. Once someone
>>harrassed me cause I had a Leica around my neck.

> The only valid response to someone harassing you for having a Leica is to
> fall down on the floor laughing.

Just don't land on the camera.

>>Disparaging me in front of a girl.>

> Someone disparaged me in front of a girl once. It was his girl sitting in
> his clapped out Plymouth and I was driving a Ferrari. A few seconds after
> that she was my girl and he was sitting there wondering what happened.

....and then you woke up in a cold sweat...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0617-3, 04/28/2006
Tested on: 4/28/2006 9:57:47 AM

J. Clarke

Matt Ion wrote:

> J. Clarke wrote:
>> tomm42 wrote:
>>

>>>Geesh, did someone harrass you because of your Nikon D200. Once someone
>>>harrassed me cause I had a Leica around my neck.

>> The only valid response to someone harassing you for having a Leica is to
>> fall down on the floor laughing.

> Just don't land on the camera.
>
>>>Disparaging me in front of a girl.>

>> Someone disparaged me in front of a girl once. It was his girl sitting
>> in
>> his clapped out Plymouth and I was driving a Ferrari. A few seconds
>> after that she was my girl and he was sitting there wondering what
>> happened.

> ...and then you woke up in a cold sweat...

Nope, real incident--went to college with the dealer's racing
partner--occasionally got to play with stuff from the used-car lot. Those
were the days.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Which is better, Nikon or Canon??

Neither! The Box Brownie is the be-all and end-all in camera design -
now you can forget about those Leicas, Hasseys and Rebels