Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Lack of Canon 70-200 2.8 IS

Lack of Canon 70-200 2.8 IS

David

Is it me, or are there much fewer Canon 70-200 2.8 IS lenses on Ebay than
usual at the moment?

Only 5 years old, but is it being replaced or something?

Gizmo

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it me, or are there much fewer Canon 70-200 2.8 IS lenses on Ebay than
> usual at the moment?
>
> Only 5 years old, but is it being replaced or something?

You're not the only one watching out for one ;o)
There arent' many sellers selling the f4 version either ... unless you want
to import one from the far east - no thanks !

=?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=

"Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is it me, or are there much fewer Canon 70-200 2.8 IS lenses on Ebay than
>> usual at the moment?
>>
>> Only 5 years old, but is it being replaced or something?

> You're not the only one watching out for one ;o)
> There arent' many sellers selling the f4 version either ... unless you want
> to import one from the far east - no thanks !

I guess those lenses are so good that people want to keep them
I'm sure not selling mine soon.

--
Måns Rullgård

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

Måns Rullgård wrote:

> "Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is it me, or are there much fewer Canon 70-200 2.8 IS lenses on Ebay
>>> than usual at the moment?
>>>
>>> Only 5 years old, but is it being replaced or something?

>> You're not the only one watching out for one ;o)
>> There arent' many sellers selling the f4 version either ... unless you
>> want to import one from the far east - no thanks !

> I guess those lenses are so good that people want to keep them
> I'm sure not selling mine soon.

Agree. If you first got a hand on one, you never let it go again...

--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/

This old Bob

"Måns Rullgård" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is it me, or are there much fewer Canon 70-200 2.8 IS lenses on Ebay
>>> than
>>> usual at the moment?
>>>
>>> Only 5 years old, but is it being replaced or something?

>> You're not the only one watching out for one ;o)
>> There arent' many sellers selling the f4 version either ... unless you
>> want
>> to import one from the far east - no thanks !

> I guess those lenses are so good that people want to keep them
> I'm sure not selling mine soon.

The best are always hardest to find. When I got my 2.8 IS I sold my f/4 for
$530 on ebay with only front and rear caps and very scratched hood. No box,
pouch, or anything else, and I was at least the second owner. For another
$50 a guy could have bought it new. I see today BH has it for $545 after
rebate. I'd like to own another one. Sometimes the 2.8 IS is too much to
carry around all day - even when it is off the camera it weighs down your
belt/bag/pack!

This old Bob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it me, or are there much fewer Canon 70-200 2.8 IS lenses on Ebay than
> usual at the moment?
>
> Only 5 years old, but is it being replaced or something?

If it was being replaced you would see a lot on ebay, wouldn't you?

You think that one is hard to find, try finding an EF 300mm f/2.8 non-IS for
$2100. It took me a year.

This old Bob

"Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Måns Rullgård wrote:
>
>> "Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>>> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> You're not the only one watching out for one ;o)
>>> There arent' many sellers selling the f4 version either ... unless you
>>> want to import one from the far east - no thanks !

>> I guess those lenses are so good that people want to keep them
>> I'm sure not selling mine soon.

> Agree. If you first got a hand on one, you never let it go again...

Yeah, and if you are like me you bought it new from a local dealer at a
non-discount price and also paid California tax, you are not going to
discount it much if you do decide to sell.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Måns Rullgård wrote:
>
>> "Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>>> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> You're not the only one watching out for one ;o)
>>> There arent' many sellers selling the f4 version either ... unless you
>>> want to import one from the far east - no thanks !

>> I guess those lenses are so good that people want to keep them
>> I'm sure not selling mine soon.

> Agree. If you first got a hand on one, you never let it go again...

If they came out with an f/4 IS version, I'd consider selling the f/4
to get that instead.

--
Måns Rullgård
(E-Mail Removed)

=?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=

"This old Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Måns Rullgård wrote:

>>> I guess those lenses are so good that people want to keep them
>>> I'm sure not selling mine soon.

>> Agree. If you first got a hand on one, you never let it go again...
>>

> Yeah, and if you are like me you bought it new from a local dealer at a
> non-discount price and also paid California tax, you are not going to
> discount it much if you do decide to sell.

Stop complaining. You haven't seen the prices they charge over here
in the UK, have you?

--
Måns Rullgård
(E-Mail Removed)

Frank ess

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
> Måns Rullgård wrote:
>
>> "Gizmo" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>>> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> You're not the only one watching out for one ;o)
>>> There arent' many sellers selling the f4 version either ... unless
>>> you want to import one from the far east - no thanks !

>> I guess those lenses are so good that people want to keep them
>> I'm sure not selling mine soon.

> Agree. If you first got a hand on one, you never let it go again...

It's true. I'm thinking about getting a 30D for mine. It deserves its
own pet.

--
Frank ess

Canon S2 IS: lack of bulb exposure setting sparky57 Digital Photography 5 08-27-2006 01:19 AM
A lack of ethernet modules from Cisco dexx Cisco 2 10-06-2005 02:28 PM
Lack of sharpness with Canon Alan McGrath Digital Photography 9 05-16-2005 10:42 PM
Lack of Support Stephen Boursy Firefox 4 03-11-2005 04:37 PM
Re: Entire 8xx series lack "backup interface"? Aaron Leonard Cisco 5 10-21-2003 09:54 PM

Advertisments