Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Got a problem with my Epson 1280 Printer; Alternating green and red lights

Got a problem with my Epson 1280 Printer; Alternating green and red lights

I put in a new color ink cartridge and got rewarded with two blinking
lights. Also, the printer head that holds the ink cartridges won't move at
all. The head is stuck to the right. I called Epson and the person that
answered didn't seem to know that much, but said it was probably an internal
problem and gave me the details for a local repair center. Any ideas on
what it is and how much it will cost to fix? I might just spent the money
towards an R2400 printer if the cost is $100 or more. The printer is about
5 years old.

Thanks

Gene F. Rhodes

At bottom center of the ink holder is a locking finger sticking up through the
bare metal plate. Push it down and see what happens. Mine releases the holder.
Gene

> I put in a new color ink cartridge and got rewarded with two blinking
> lights. Also, the printer head that holds the ink cartridges won't move at
> all. The head is stuck to the right. I called Epson and the person that
> answered didn't seem to know that much, but said it was probably an internal
> problem and gave me the details for a local repair center. Any ideas on
> what it is and how much it will cost to fix? I might just spent the money
> towards an R2400 printer if the cost is $100 or more. The printer is about
> 5 years old.
>
> Thanks

mark.thomas.7@gmail.com

Lightly oil (sewing machine oil, sparingly and carefully applied) the
chrome rails. There is a catch to relase the head, but it's a little
tricky to get at. If the oprinter lets the head go to the left briefly
when turned on, pull the plug while it is out there, then you can try
to locate the problem.. If it doesn't move easily along the rails,
lubricate them as above.

tomm42

Get the R2400 for matte, or the R1800 if you like glossy, check the
release procedures in the other posts, if it doesn't work, get the new
printer. Epson repair centers generally charge $95 to just look at the
printer.

Good luck

Tom