Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital ICE & Black/White pictures...

Digital ICE & Black/White pictures...

Sniper

Hi there,

I am using a nikon LS slide scanner to process
all of my old material into digital format and really enjoy the ease of
the Digital ICE feature which does a very good job of removing
dust/scratches etc. However, the big problem is that I have alot of old
B&W stuff which is not compatible with digital ICE.
Does anyone here know of a program which can
clean up B&W photos semi-automatically?. If not then I guess its back
to the old fashioned method of using the clone tool and photoshop!.

Thanks for any help,

Alex

Paul Heslop

Sniper wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am using a nikon LS slide scanner to process
> all of my old material into digital format and really enjoy the ease of
> the Digital ICE feature which does a very good job of removing
> dust/scratches etc. However, the big problem is that I have alot of old
> B&W stuff which is not compatible with digital ICE.
> Does anyone here know of a program which can
> clean up B&W photos semi-automatically?. If not then I guess its back
> to the old fashioned method of using the clone tool and photoshop!.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Alex

Hi Alex, if you get no response here try

comp.periphs.scanners
or
alt.comp.periphs.scanner

--
Paul (Take my hand, I'm standing right here)
Stop and Look