Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Boost the signal

Boost the signal

A-DESIGN

Hi,

I have internet signal on my area that I am living ,(I know which is coming
through somebody's wireless router ) I want to get this free signal which
is flying around my house! now I have the following questions for this
situation:

1- How can I boost this signal ? (is that work by adding the antenna's
length,although my USB wireless adapter doesn't have any antenna!)...?
2- How I can connect my USB wireless adapter to my wireless Router so I can
share this signal with other computer of mine on the network ? my Router
doesn't have any input for USB and I couldn't find any adapter in the market
that can do this ?

Thanks in advance.
A.K.

Please also reply to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Search for Wifi signal boost in google and you will
find...

A-DESIGN

Thanks for reply,

Could you please answer my second question ? do I need to buy Access Point
device and connect it to my router ? I can't get that signal with my router
I am getting it with the USB wireless adapter which is connected directly to
my computer ,how I can send this signal to or through the router ? what
Access Point Device can do for me here in this case? Thanks,

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bd4601c48950$ff1064f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Search for Wifi signal boost in google and you will
> find...

mike

get a card with an external aerial and use a reflector.
then link the pc withthis card in onto the router's cm socket.
some do it some don't

mike

"A-DESIGN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have internet signal on my area that I am living ,(I know which is

coming
> through somebody's wireless router ) I want to get this free signal which
> is flying around my house! now I have the following questions for this
> situation:
>
> 1- How can I boost this signal ? (is that work by adding the antenna's
> length,although my USB wireless adapter doesn't have any antenna!)...?
> 2- How I can connect my USB wireless adapter to my wireless Router so I

can
> share this signal with other computer of mine on the network ? my Router
> doesn't have any input for USB and I couldn't find any adapter in the

market
> that can do this ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> A.K.
>
> Please also reply to (E-Mail Removed)

---

Jack

Hi.
May be this can Help.
Wirelessly Bridging Home / SOHO Network: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"A-DESIGN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have internet signal on my area that I am living ,(I know which is

coming
> through somebody's wireless router ) I want to get this free signal which
> is flying around my house! now I have the following questions for this
> situation:
>
> 1- How can I boost this signal ? (is that work by adding the antenna's
> length,although my USB wireless adapter doesn't have any antenna!)...?
> 2- How I can connect my USB wireless adapter to my wireless Router so I

can
> share this signal with other computer of mine on the network ? my Router
> doesn't have any input for USB and I couldn't find any adapter in the

market
> that can do this ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> A.K.