Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Picasa / Adobe Bridge / Adobe Photoshop Album Starter ?

Picasa / Adobe Bridge / Adobe Photoshop Album Starter ?

sharjo23

Hi,

I've just started on my photo collection. Now I'm trying to figure out
the best way to organize the pics.

I like Picasa, but I'm worried about the Labels feature not carrying
over when I make a backup or transfer the photos in another computer.
>From my understanding the labels feature does not write on the photo

itself, which I think I want for reasurrance.

I was wondering if anyone else uses Adobe Bridge or Adobe PS Album
Starter to vouch for their labeling/keywords feature.

Thanks,
Sharon

Dan

Hey,

You shouldn't worry about labels not carrying over with picasa on
backup. Picasa stores labels and other info about images in a
"picasa.ini" file in the image folder. So if you are backing up images
just make sure you have that ini file copied as well.

Adobe bridge is way too fat and slow to manage photo's with. It is good
for other tasks though.

Dan

sharjo23 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just started on my photo collection. Now I'm trying to figure out
> the best way to organize the pics.
>
> I like Picasa, but I'm worried about the Labels feature not carrying
> over when I make a backup or transfer the photos in another computer.
>>From my understanding the labels feature does not write on the photo

> itself, which I think I want for reasurrance.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else uses Adobe Bridge or Adobe PS Album
> Starter to vouch for their labeling/keywords feature.
>
> Thanks,
> Sharon

sharjo23

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

What do you think are the strengths of Adobe Bridge?

Sharon

Dan

Hi,

Personally I use Bridge to look over RAW images as Picasa doesn't
display certain camera raw files so bridge comes in handy there. When
you are working with multiple files in Photoshop it's easy to move
around from bridge to Photoshop and back.

Dan