Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Whats the diff between Canon Digital Rebel XT SLR 8.0 MP cameras?

Whats the diff between Canon Digital Rebel XT SLR 8.0 MP cameras?

samoansubmissionmachine@yahoo.com

I am from canada and will probably be buying a digital slr in the near
future. FutureShop's website shows 3 different Canon Digital Rebel XT
Digital SLR cameras, but I cannot see what is different about them
other than the price.

There are:

1. "Canon Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for $849
($100 off)
2. "Canon EOS Rebel XT SLR 8.0MP Digital Camera" for $899 ($150 off)
3. "Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for
$999 ($100 off)

So I can see a diff in the "EOS" (whatever that is) but thats about it.
If anyone can tell me the main differences, and if its worth to pay
the little extra for the most expensive one, then please share.
Otherwise, if all 3 of these are pretty much the same, then Im sure it
makes most sense to go for the cheapest.

Matt Ion

> I am from canada and will probably be buying a digital slr in the near
> future. FutureShop's website shows 3 different Canon Digital Rebel XT
> Digital SLR cameras, but I cannot see what is different about them
> other than the price.
>
> There are:
>
> 1. "Canon Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for $849
> ($100 off)
> 2. "Canon EOS Rebel XT SLR 8.0MP Digital Camera" for $899 ($150 off)
> 3. "Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for
> $999 ($100 off)
>
> So I can see a diff in the "EOS" (whatever that is) but thats about it.
> If anyone can tell me the main differences, and if its worth to pay
> the little extra for the most expensive one, then please share.
> Otherwise, if all 3 of these are pretty much the same, then Im sure it
> makes most sense to go for the cheapest.

Sounds like it's just different catalog entries for the same camera.
Probably be better off calling FS and asking them what the difference is
in their listing.

Or better still, don't shop at FS at all. I'd rather buy stuff from a
guy on the street than give FS my money.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0616-4, 04/21/2006
Tested on: 4/21/2006 8:59:06 AM

Debbie

I am a photographer, and I too was having a difficult trying to figure
out which camera to buy. And the best for price for the money.

What I did is I went to the links that have the full specifications on
the camera, and printed it up. Printed each camera that I was
interested in.

After I found the camera I wanted I then googled it for the lowest
price.

I can tell you I understand you frustration. I ended up with a Olympus
Digital SLR. I don't recommend my camera only because I have specific
needs for professional use and it was the best buy. I also like the
lenses that SLR.

Here is a link for specs on the camera you are looking for.

D. L. Yates Multi-Media Artist/Photographer,
http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/sp...1671356&stext=

Julie T

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am from canada and will probably be buying a digital slr in the near
> future. FutureShop's website shows 3 different Canon Digital Rebel XT
> Digital SLR cameras, but I cannot see what is different about them
> other than the price.
>
> There are:
>
> 1. "Canon Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for $849
> ($100 off)
> 2. "Canon EOS Rebel XT SLR 8.0MP Digital Camera" for $899 ($150 off)
> 3. "Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for
> $999 ($100 off)
>
> So I can see a diff in the "EOS" (whatever that is) but thats about
> it. If anyone can tell me the main differences, and if its worth to
> pay the little extra for the most expensive one, then please share.
> Otherwise, if all 3 of these are pretty much the same, then Im sure it
> makes most sense to go for the cheapest.

Possibly kit lenses in the more expensive ones. Check the spec in more
detail.
Just guessing I'd suspect $849 body only, $899 probably has the 18-55mm
lens and the $999 a different kit lens.

--
Julie
-------

Jim Townsend

Matt Ion wrote:

> Or better still, don't shop at FS at all. I'd rather buy stuff from a
> guy on the street than give FS my money.

You'll probably get a better price if you shop around. FS tends to
be a little high priced for digital cameras.

Roy G

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I am from canada and will probably be buying a digital slr in the near
> future. FutureShop's website shows 3 different Canon Digital Rebel XT
> Digital SLR cameras, but I cannot see what is different about them
> other than the price.
>
> There are:
>
> 1. "Canon Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for $849
> ($100 off)
> 2. "Canon EOS Rebel XT SLR 8.0MP Digital Camera" for $899 ($150 off)
> 3. "Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for
> $999 ($100 off)
>
> So I can see a diff in the "EOS" (whatever that is) but thats about it.
> If anyone can tell me the main differences, and if its worth to pay
> the little extra for the most expensive one, then please share.
> Otherwise, if all 3 of these are pretty much the same, then Im sure it
> makes most sense to go for the cheapest.

Hi.

Seems like you are not really up to speed on Camera Models and their
Specifications.

Why don't you do a bit of research on Cameras before you start looking for
where to buy at what prices.

Have a look at these sites first.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

http://www.imaging-resource.com/

Roy G

Bill Hilton

>FutureShop's website shows 3 different Canon Digital Rebel XT
>Digital SLR cameras, but I cannot see what is different about
>them other than the price.

These look like the same camera model so it could be that the cheaper
one is a demo or was returned and repackaged, or as Julie suggested
they may be bundled with various kit lenses, though usually that's
mentioned up front.

jean

Future Shop is very hard to decipher, but I think it's like this:

$849 is body only (in black)
$899 is with kit* lens (in silver/grey)
$999 is with kit* lens (in black)

All three are after a $100 mail in rebate

Jean

The kit lens is the 18-55 EFS, good lens for $100-$150, not a spectacular
lens, but an honest performer.

"Julie T" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:87c4c$444902ab$c269a429$(E-Mail Removed)-service.com...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am from canada and will probably be buying a digital slr in the near
> > future. FutureShop's website shows 3 different Canon Digital Rebel XT
> > Digital SLR cameras, but I cannot see what is different about them
> > other than the price.
> >
> > There are:
> >
> > 1. "Canon Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for $849
> > ($100 off)
> > 2. "Canon EOS Rebel XT SLR 8.0MP Digital Camera" for $899 ($150 off)
> > 3. "Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for
> > $999 ($100 off)
> >
> > So I can see a diff in the "EOS" (whatever that is) but thats about
> > it. If anyone can tell me the main differences, and if its worth to
> > pay the little extra for the most expensive one, then please share.
> > Otherwise, if all 3 of these are pretty much the same, then Im sure it
> > makes most sense to go for the cheapest.

> Possibly kit lenses in the more expensive ones. Check the spec in more
> detail.
> Just guessing I'd suspect $849 body only, $899 probably has the 18-55mm
> lens and the $999 a different kit lens.
>
> --
> Julie
> -------
> Photography:
> www.ladyp.co.uk
> Web hosting:
> http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2521802

Dave Cohen

"Roy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Qi92g.215$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>I am from canada and will probably be buying a digital slr in the near
>> future. FutureShop's website shows 3 different Canon Digital Rebel XT
>> Digital SLR cameras, but I cannot see what is different about them
>> other than the price.
>>
>> There are:
>>
>> 1. "Canon Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for $849
>> ($100 off)
>> 2. "Canon EOS Rebel XT SLR 8.0MP Digital Camera" for $899 ($150 off)
>> 3. "Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for
>> $999 ($100 off)
>>
>> So I can see a diff in the "EOS" (whatever that is) but thats about it.
>> If anyone can tell me the main differences, and if its worth to pay
>> the little extra for the most expensive one, then please share.
>> Otherwise, if all 3 of these are pretty much the same, then Im sure it
>> makes most sense to go for the cheapest.
>>

> Hi.
>
> Seems like you are not really up to speed on Camera Models and their
> Specifications.
>
> Why don't you do a bit of research on Cameras before you start looking for
> where to buy at what prices.

Seems you are well up on cameras, so why didn't you tell us the difference,
because it's less than intituitive from the quoted ad. But don't bother,
others seem to be willing to be more helpful.
Dave Cohen

> Have a look at these sites first.
>
> http://www.steves-digicams.com/
>
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/
>
> Roy G

J. Clarke

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I am from canada and will probably be buying a digital slr in the near
> future. FutureShop's website shows 3 different Canon Digital Rebel XT
> Digital SLR cameras, but I cannot see what is different about them
> other than the price.
>
> There are:
>
> 1. "Canon Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for $849
> ($100 off)

This appears to be the body only, no lens.

> 2. "Canon EOS Rebel XT SLR 8.0MP Digital Camera" for $899 ($150 off)

This appears to be the silver version with the 18-55 lens and a mail-in
rebate for $100.

> 3. "Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP SLR Digital Camera - Black" for
> $999 ($100 off)

This appears to be the black version of 2, and no mail-in rebate, hence the
higher price.

Click the "more info" links and you'll find a bit more description of each.

> So I can see a diff in the "EOS" (whatever that is) but thats about it.
> If anyone can tell me the main differences, and if its worth to pay
> the little extra for the most expensive one, then please share.
> Otherwise, if all 3 of these are pretty much the same, then Im sure it
> makes most sense to go for the cheapest.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate