Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon digital slr lenses?

Nikon digital slr lenses?

Hoover

I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes with the
d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any recommendations?

Paul Rubin

"Hoover" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes with the
> d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any recommendations?

There's a 55-200 that's a companion to the 18-55. It's about $150(?).
It's maybe a reasonable way to get started.

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Hoover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes with
> the d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any recommendations?

For around $ 200.00 you can get a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 APO DG lens
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/len...03&navigator=3.
They also make a non-APO version of this lens for a bit less but the APO is
much better. Note that the APO lens has the red ring around the lens
barrel.

Jack

[posted and mailed]

"Hoover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes
> with the d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any
> recommendations?

I just bought a Nikon AF 70-210 f/4-5.6 on eBay for $113. There are many
of these lenses for sale on eBay all the time. It's an excellent lens.
The photos I took with it are very sharp all the way up to 210mm. The only
negative I found, is that it is heavy compared to the new digital lenses
which have plastic bodies and mounts.

Don Stauffer

Hoover wrote:
> I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes with the
> d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any recommendations?

We had a Nikon film camera with the Tamron 28-300 (35mm equivalent) when
we bought our D-50. We use it on the D-50 and it works great- very
satisified with it. We use the D-50 much more than the N75, so the lens
stays on the digicam.

Miguel Rebollo

I bought the d50 kit (with the 18-55 lenses) and the Nikor 70-300 a few
days later. I paid 179 in my usual store (in spain). I'm not a
professional and that tele is enough for me.

--
Miguel
http://infade.blogspot.com