Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Do I need these accessories for a Panosonic dmc-tz1?

Do I need these accessories for a Panosonic dmc-tz1?

Beach Runner

Panasonic has finally released their dmc-tz1

Do I need to buy their charger, for about $90?

Obviously I will need memory. Should I get theirs?

Thanks.

Daniel Silevitch

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:50:52 GMT, Beach Runner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Panasonic has finally released their dmc-tz1
>
> Do I need to buy their charger, for about $90?
>
> Obviously I will need memory. Should I get theirs?

By charger, you probably mean 'AC adapter', which replaces the battery
and lets you run the camera directly off an outlet. <checks Panasonic's
store>. Yep, an AC adapter, not a battery charger. Since the TZ1 uses
LiIon batteries, the charger will be included with the camera. You might
consider springing for an extra battery, though.

As far as memory goes, I don't think there's anything wrong with the SD
memory that Panasonic sells. But it's not going to be all that different
from SD cards made by Sandisk or Lexar or whatever. Get the Panasonic if
you want, or a third party company if you prefer. It's not going to make
all that much a difference.

-dms

dcbatt.uk@gmail.com

Need Charger? www.inter-batteries.com

J. Clarke

Beach Runner wrote:

> Panasonic has finally released their dmc-tz1
>
> Do I need to buy their charger, for about $90?

Only if you need a spare charger.

> Obviously I will need memory. Should I get theirs?

No particular reason to.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate