Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Politically biased lighting?

Politically biased lighting?

landnotloans@hotmail.com

British National Party leader Nick Griffin, as portrayed in the London
Times April 17, 2006, two weeks before the local elections, the
lighting equivalent of shining a torch under the chin.

http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/pic...,289298,00.jpg

Paul Heslop

> British National Party leader Nick Griffin, as portrayed in the London
> Times April 17, 2006, two weeks before the local elections, the
> lighting equivalent of shining a torch under the chin.
>
> http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/pic...,289298,00.jpg

Pity it wasn't harsh enough to show his true colours

--
Paul (Take my hand, I'm standing right here)
Stop and Look

Beck

Paul Heslop wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> British National Party leader Nick Griffin, as portrayed in the
>> London Times April 17, 2006, two weeks before the local elections,
>> the lighting equivalent of shining a torch under the chin.
>>
>> http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/pic...,289298,00.jpg

> Pity it wasn't harsh enough to show his true colours

ooh meow.. well done

Cheesehead

Composition is big -- framing as well as lighting -- in order to convey
ideas about a person. Per the re-braodcast on PBS yesterday, when
Billy Graham first went to London the press was extremely hostile,
making a big show of bags of cash from the offerings -- even though
there were no facts to support the visual libel of him being any sort
of huckster.

If you want to portray someone as condescending, just photograph them
from a low vantage point and get the person to look down. The visual
impression does the job, whether true or false.

There are other things which can be done to convey images. It's a good
way to sharpen one's skills -- take a character trait and put it into a
picture.

Collin
KC8TKA

Mark M

"Cheesehead" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Composition is big -- framing as well as lighting -- in order to convey
> ideas about a person. Per the re-braodcast on PBS yesterday, when
> Billy Graham first went to London the press was extremely hostile,

Why? Is the UK press really so clueless?

Graham used to be seen a lot here in the U.S. press, until he started
speaking against Reagan's arms buildup during the 1980's. For that
he was essentially banished from major press coverage. I have a lot
of respect for the man even though I don't share many of his religious
beliefs.

Rich

Kind of odd when professional photogs, composers, etc,
can't fix small problems....

>From CNN.com a few weeks back.

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/57989237

Corrected

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/57989240

Cynicor

Rich wrote:
> Kind of odd when professional photogs, composers, etc,
> can't fix small problems....
>
>>From CNN.com a few weeks back.

> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/57989237
>
> Corrected
>
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/57989240

That's odd. You can't even see Bush's halo on either shot.

Cynicor

Paul Heslop wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>British National Party leader Nick Griffin, as portrayed in the London
>>Times April 17, 2006, two weeks before the local elections, the
>>lighting equivalent of shining a torch under the chin.
>>
>>http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/pic...,289298,00.jpg

> Pity it wasn't harsh enough to show his true colours

It's a bit like the Enoch Powell cover of Private Eye. "And I tell you
some of them have them this long!"

Tim

> Rich wrote:
>> Kind of odd when professional photogs, composers, etc,
>> can't fix small problems....
>>
>>> From CNN.com a few weeks back.

>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/57989237
>>
>> Corrected
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/57989240

> That's odd. You can't even see Bush's halo on either shot.

Probably had to lend it to Rumsfeld for a bit

Paul Heslop

Beck wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >>
> >> British National Party leader Nick Griffin, as portrayed in the
> >> London Times April 17, 2006, two weeks before the local elections,
> >> the lighting equivalent of shining a torch under the chin.
> >>
> >> http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/pic...,289298,00.jpg

> > Pity it wasn't harsh enough to show his true colours

> ooh meow.. well done

:O)

Biased random? Ivan Voras Python 21 08-31-2007 09:42 PM
Process and its memory Limit. (Linux biased) Nehil C Programming 8 07-09-2007 07:19 PM
I'm writing politically incorrect Java software!!! Lucas J. Riesau Java 4 06-03-2007 05:54 PM
Where can I find a review of Wireless Routers that isn't too biased? Bill & Debbie Wireless Networking 1 01-28-2007 03:28 PM
The 10 least politically correct movies ever Fred Goodwin, CMA DVD Video 107 08-10-2006 07:18 PM

Advertisments