Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > In rubber boots with the Canon S2

In rubber boots with the Canon S2

John H

Here's a composite shot taken in the early morning at my home
with the Canon S2. I put on my rubber boots and went out in the
shallows to get the picture. The sun was rising with mist off to the
left mostly burned off by the time it reached the shore:

http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/treelake.jpg

Here's a shot at the other end of our property. On one end
there is a lake and on the other a salt water inlet; a tidal flat
really. It was getting late and quite dark when we noticed the
brilliant sunset; not very good conditions for the Canon but I got
something:

http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/outfront.jpg

Here's a shot of the same sunset a little down the road
although it is somewhat similar to one I posted a while back:

http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/storyhead.jpg

And yet another this time up the road a bit:

http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/3630.jpg

If you handle one more at the lake:

http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/3660.jpg

Always good to hear if people like or dislike or have helpful
tips or comments.

Neat Image was used to clean up noise.

John H

MB

First of all, you're a lucky guy to be able to live there.

treelake.jpg would have benefited from full reflection of the tree, and not
cut off, the way I see it. As for sundowns, or sunrises, they are just
about always awe-inspiring, and photos of them usually don't knock me over:
ya gotta be there. The very last one, doral/3660, I liked the best; I think
it's a complete image and would not have been better with one more or one
less feature.

Thanks for showing them.

John H

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 16:55:14 +0200, "MB" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>First of all, you're a lucky guy to be able to live there.
>
>treelake.jpg would have benefited from full reflection of the tree, and not
>cut off, the way I see it. As for sundowns, or sunrises, they are just
>about always awe-inspiring, and photos of them usually don't knock me over:
>ya gotta be there. The very last one, doral/3660, I liked the best; I think
>it's a complete image and would not have been better with one more or one
>less feature.
>
>Thanks for showing them.

Thanks for commenting. The thought of the tree reflection was
going through my mind as I worked on the photo but unfortunately I
failed to capture enough of it (this time!). Here is the most I got
of it from frames out of the composite
http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/tree.jpg but the part to the left is
missing. Since it was just water I overlooked it. I take this as a
lesson in trying to see the finished picture as it is taken. I was
backed against the wharf in picture 3660 at the time trying to get a
lower perspective but the full reflection might have been available
from a different position.

Agreed with the sunrise/sunsets. They need to be experienced.
Still they help recall the moment - more so no doubt for the person
who there as the unfelt part is filled out in the imagination.

John H