Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Price comparison for print services - Help from an person in UK or/and USA wanted

Price comparison for print services - Help from an person in UK or/and USA wanted

solmecke@gmail.com

Hello,

we are a small German company, that offers a price comparison for
internet print services. Our website can be found here:
www.billigefotos.de

We like to offer this service in the US and the UK, too. For that
reason we are searching for someone who:

- Speaks English (and perhaps German)
- Has a technical knowledge
- Is highly interested in digital photography

At the moment we do this for fun and get only a little money from some
sponsors. So please do not expect this as a "fulltime job", but of
course you shall participate, if the service runs well in your country.
At the moment it is just a little bit more than a hobby project.

Your job would be to translate our website, to fill in some prices of
print services in your country, to write some news about the print
services and to contact possible sponsors in your country. We give you
the complete technical infrastructure and the design.

If you are interested, please write an E-Mail to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
and describe us who you are.

We are happy to hear from you...

Christian

P.S.: If you live in an other country and think, that such a price
comparison would work in your country, too, please contact us.

Pete Mitchell

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Hello,
>
> we are a small German company, that offers a price comparison for
> internet print services. Our website can be found here:
> www.billigefotos.de

In my opinion price is meaningless unless there is a way to compare quality
as well. In the absence of that, if anything, I'd have the inclination to
treat the lowest prices as a "warning flag".

Carl Miller

On April 16 2006, "Pete Mitchell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In my opinion price is meaningless unless there is a way to compare
> quality as well. In the absence of that, if anything, I'd have the
> inclination to treat the lowest prices as a "warning flag".

Exactly. "If you buy cheap, you'll buy twice."

--
Carl Miller
(E-Mail Removed)

Pat

Pete is right.

If someone wants just a cheap price, they go to Wal-Mart. That's
bottom of your comparison.

On the high end is the guy outside of Philly who prints my giclees is
the highest I have ever seen -- but he's about 3 steps above fantastic.

Everything in between is a trade-off of price and quality.

As for your site: Heck, your English seems pretty good to me, so maybe
you should do it yourself. You don't want me. I'm the product of
American public schools.