Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Batteries for Minolta 7D Vertical Grip

Batteries for Minolta 7D Vertical Grip

Tony Walker

Hi Everyone

I was wondering whether off the shelf Alkaline batteries could be used with
the grip. The manual says to use rechargable, but off the shelf AA would be
great in a tight spot. Years ago I remember rechargeble AA batteries were
1.2 volts as opposed to non-rechargable at 1.5 volts. Is this the reason I
shouldn't use them, or is there something else that would be detrimental to
the camera?

If anyone has tried with this grip I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Tony