Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D50, is it even worth it?

Nikon D50, is it even worth it?

sgtdisturbed

Is there a way that I could see a copy of the nef raw picture? I
couldnt find any nef uncompressed pictures for this one: dsc_4169, the
one with the moon in blue sky. Could you send me a better copy than the
online compressed one?

sgtdisturbed

Don Stauffer wrote " We have
taken a fair number of dim pics with the D50, and noise is not a factor
at 200. "

Could you send me one of your pictures taken at 200 ISO?

David J. Littleboy

"sgtdisturbed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Don Stauffer wrote " We have
> taken a fair number of dim pics with the D50, and noise is not a factor
> at 200. "
>
> Could you send me one of your pictures taken at 200 ISO?

Just go to any of the review sites and download a couple of their sample
images. For example:

http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/nikond50_samples/

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"sgtdisturbed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Don Stauffer wrote " We have
> taken a fair number of dim pics with the D50, and noise is not a factor
> at 200. "
>
> Could you send me one of your pictures taken at 200 ISO?

The D50 is a really nice camera. The build quality is good, the body size
is nice (not too big, not too small), and the photos generated by it are
great. Noise is not a problem with the D50 at ISO 200, here is a link to a
few photos I snapped yesterday with it
http://ntotrr.smugmug.com/gallery/1350279/1/63728881.

Only you know what camera suits you but I would bet that you'd be very happy
with a D50.

Joan

http://joan.colley.name:85/NEF/

But how will you read it? You'll need a recent version of a raw converter.

--
Joan.
http://joan.colley.name:85
"sgtdisturbed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
: Is there a way that I could see a copy of the nef raw picture? I
: couldnt find any nef uncompressed pictures for this one: dsc_4169, the
: one with the moon in blue sky. Could you send me a better copy than the
: online compressed one?
:

cjcampbell

sgtdisturbed wrote:
><snip> Again, as a simple
> recap, does the D50 have the kind of noise that the Coolpix 4600
> produces, will the lowest setting on the camera 200 ISO produce much
> noise, and pretty much, is it worth the money, like, is it a good
> deal? Thanks for any help!

The D50 will have much less noise than the Coolpix 4600 for many
reasons. Yes, it is worth the money. You would have to shoot at ISO
1600 to get as much noise as any Coolpix.

sgtdisturbed

I found a free program to view the RAW picture, and that was a very
very nice picture, it handled the light blue very well, but that is
mostly blue, do you have some RAW pictures that have more colors so I
can get a better idea of the overall color and noise handling? Thanks.
It handled blue very well on a large area, so I want to see how well it
handles other colors. Again, thanks!

Joan

Did you see the green wave on my flickr site?

I should point out that the moon and the green wave were shot with a Hoya
SMC CP Filter. The wave that is less green was shot after I switched filers
and is with a Hoya SMC UV Filter.

I'll put both raw files on the web site and anther shot with some flowers in
it.

As for colour, take a look at the Buddy Bears.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joan-in...7594077613994/

--
Joan.
http://joan.colley.name:85
"sgtdisturbed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
: I found a free program to view the RAW picture, and that was a very
: very nice picture, it handled the light blue very well, but that is
: mostly blue, do you have some RAW pictures that have more colors so I
: can get a better idea of the overall color and noise handling? Thanks.
: It handled blue very well on a large area, so I want to see how well it
: handles other colors. Again, thanks!
:

sgtdisturbed

Yes I saw the green wave, but not in RAW format. Could you give me a
link to the RAW format green wave? The site doesnt give me any options
to view it in RAW or to download it in RAW format, and if there is such
an option, it is well hidden.

Joan

It's on my home server. Click the link below

--
Joan.
http://joan.colley.name:85/nef