Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Wearing phot vest at Europe in June 2006

Wearing phot vest at Europe in June 2006

zxcvbnm2bg

Greetings! I am thinking of wearing a photo vest which has many pockets
to store passport, small digital camera and batteries etc. I shall be
traveling to London, Paris and Rome in late May and June 2006. One bad
point I can think - It will immediately mark me as tourist.

Will it be too hot to wear photo vest in June in London, Paris and
Rome? The vest is made of cotton. Any member of this newsgroup has
travelled to Europe wearing Photo vest? A picture of the vest can be
seen page 33 of the photographic magazine Shutterbug May 2006. I shall
Carry only a small shirt pocket-able camera. Any comments. With thanks.

J. Clarke

zxcvbnm2bg wrote:

> Greetings! I am thinking of wearing a photo vest which has many pockets
> to store passport, small digital camera and batteries etc. I shall be
> traveling to London, Paris and Rome in late May and June 2006. One bad
> point I can think - It will immediately mark me as tourist.
>
> Will it be too hot to wear photo vest in June in London, Paris and
> Rome? The vest is made of cotton. Any member of this newsgroup has
> travelled to Europe wearing Photo vest? A picture of the vest can be
> seen page 33 of the photographic magazine Shutterbug May 2006. I shall
> Carry only a small shirt pocket-able camera. Any comments. With thanks.

Don't have access to Shutterbug. You might want to look into a Scott E-vest
<http://www.scottevest.com>. Doesn't look "touristy" but does have an
astonishing number of pockets. Get the liner as well and it becomes a very
flexible garment.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Celcius

Hi!
I wore a "photo" vest in Egypt, Italy, France, etc.
As a matter of fact, when I bought my vest, everyone seemed to have one
in Italy. That's where I bought mine. At the time, I didn't use it as a
phto vest, simply one to put my belongings in. It has a combination of
velcro or zippers, depending on the pockets.
I'm going to Russia in July and I intend to wear it.
Marcel