Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > RIP suggestions for Epson 4800

RIP suggestions for Epson 4800

sanjayan@tussa.com

Hello Friends!
I need suggestions to use color RIP for my Epson 4800. I am a amateur
and just strted with large format printing. Need a RIP which can give
me correct colors and possibilities to print many images at same time
with minimum waste of paper.

ThankYou
Sanjayan

Hunt

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

>Hello Friends!
>I need suggestions to use color RIP for my Epson 4800. I am a amateur
>and just strted with large format printing. Need a RIP which can give
>me correct colors and possibilities to print many images at same time
>with minimum waste of paper.
>
>ThankYou
>Sanjayan

IIRC, LexJet (www.lexjet.com) has a comparison chart for several RIPs. Epson
also has one, usually marketed with the 4800 "Professional" kit. Prices and
capabilities really vary, so you are wise to make a comparison on your exact
needs.

Good luck,
Hunt

Benwa

It's not really a RIP,but look into Qimage.It does a good deal of what
people buy rips for,and it's a whole lot cheaper!Use the Epson profiles,or
whatever paper you use along with it.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello Friends!
> I need suggestions to use color RIP for my Epson 4800. I am a amateur
> and just strted with large format printing. Need a RIP which can give
> me correct colors and possibilities to print many images at same time
> with minimum waste of paper.
>
> ThankYou
> Sanjayan

C Wright

On 4/1/06 6:30 PM, in article
(E-Mail Removed). com, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello Friends!
> I need suggestions to use color RIP for my Epson 4800. I am a amateur
> and just strted with large format printing. Need a RIP which can give
> me correct colors and possibilities to print many images at same time
> with minimum waste of paper.
>
> ThankYou
> Sanjayan

Look into Colorbyte's ImagePrint RIP:
http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/index.htm
They have professionally prepared color profiles, specific to that printer,
for most papers. Like most RIPs ImagePrint also allows the placement of
multiple images to be printed on any given paper size.
Chuck