Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Minolta X-700

Digital Minolta X-700

Cheshire Cat

My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
Is there a way to convert them to digital?

Thanks,
Wayne

John McWilliams

Cheshire Cat wrote:
> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

No. But you could find her a processing place and make sure they produce
Hi Rez CD's with each roll she takes there.

--
john mcwilliams

SMS

Cheshire Cat wrote:
> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

Yes. See "http://www.side.com/"

bluezfolk

I loved my Minolta X700 and I can understand her feelings.

Eric

Ace

Wayne

Set your Mother up an account at a good lab that will give her real
nice prints and high resolution CDs. Of course have the monthly bill
sent to you.

Bob AZ

Matt Ion

Cheshire Cat wrote:
> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

Nope, but if she ever does decide to give it up, point her my way - I
used to have one of those little gems and loved it (until it was stolen)
- it was a fantastic manual SLR, and I'd buy one and start shooting film
again in a minute if I could find one for a decent price.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0613-1, 03/29/2006
Tested on: 3/29/2006 5:01:26 PM

Matt Ion

SMS wrote:
> Cheshire Cat wrote:
>
>> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
>> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

> Yes. See "http://www.side.com/"

Vaporware.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0613-1, 03/29/2006
Tested on: 3/29/2006 5:02:21 PM

Pat

Sure, it's pretty easy.

Take them out onto the driveway and smash them into bits using a really
big hammer. Then go buy her a nice, new, top-of-the line digital.

That'll convert her, but she'll probably dis-inherit you, but hey.
There are lots of people who don't even get birthday cards from their
mothers. Why should you be any different?

TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Matt Ion wrote:
> Cheshire Cat wrote:
>
>> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
>> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

> Nope, but if she ever does decide to give it up, point her my way -

I loved mine too, but sold it and the accessories off on eBay when I
"went digital" two year sago. There are MANY for sale on eBay really
cheap -

Check them out ... http://tinyurl.com/femmb

--
Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
California Photos http://tinyurl.com/ann2l

Cheshire Cat

Yep, recently she bought one that was decked out with a digital back
and an alumimun case. She has a few digital P&S's, but she was so
excited about the X-700, she called to tell me how much she got for so
cheap. That's why I'd like to find her a digital converter. It seems
like it would be "simple" to create a senor that would fit like a roll
of film. I looked at http://www.side.com, but it does not really
explain much or give price or a pixal count.

Thanks for all the suggestions, some are very interesting.

Wayne