Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > summarize picture phones vs compacts?

summarize picture phones vs compacts?

Bruce Lewis

A big flame war went by about cell phones taking over the camera
market. I bet there was some useful information in there for me but I
don't have time to dig through all the threads.

Obviously camera phones won't replace DSLRs or even those compacts with
larger glass. However, I'm getting impatient with the shutter lag and
low-light quality from my Canon Powershot s410 and am wondering if a
camera phone would be a viable replacement. I could stomach equal
shutter lag and quality if it meant one less geek object on my belt, but
I wouldn't want to go down in quality.

gpsman

Bruce Lewis wrote:
> A big flame war went by about cell phones taking over the camera
> market. I bet there was some useful information in there for me but I
> don't have time to dig through all the threads.
>
> Obviously camera phones won't replace DSLRs or even those compacts with
> larger glass. However, I'm getting impatient with the shutter lag and
> low-light quality from my Canon Powershot s410 and am wondering if a
> camera phone would be a viable replacement. I could stomach equal
> shutter lag and quality if it meant one less geek object on my belt, but
> I wouldn't want to go down in quality.

Errr... I think you're gonna have to keep your present belt and buy a
new, larger one soon... most likely.

Phones in the US might as well be better cameras than phones, they're
pretty bad in their primary function. What seems more viable to me is
a phone camera, a camera that also acts as a phone. In the US your
Canon practically qualifies out of the box.
-----

- gpsman

Edwin Pawlowski

"Bruce Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> However, I'm getting impatient with the shutter lag and
> low-light quality from my Canon Powershot s410 and am wondering if a
> camera phone would be a viable replacement.

Not except in extreme emergency when you really need an image.

Helen

"Bruce Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I wouldn't want to go down in quality.

That requirement thoroughly excludes any form of camera phone then.

summarize text robin Python 4 06-05-2006 09:29 AM
summarize bytes bastardx Perl 7 06-16-2005 04:38 PM
How to summarize and how to get the network given a host address. ws00sw Cisco 10 03-03-2005 02:38 PM
MS Excel - How can I summarize a table? Will Pivot Table Reports do this for me? hugh jass Computer Support 3 09-10-2003 11:02 PM

Advertisments