Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is there a dslr on the market that does not require looking at it to make adjustments?

Is there a dslr on the market that does not require looking at it to make adjustments?

ronviers@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ron

Joseph Meehan

> Thanks,
> Ron

Could you be more specific? Depending on how your question is taken,
every dSLR meets it to no camera at all digital or otherwise meets it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Bill Funk

On 22 Mar 2006 10:26:05 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks,
>Ron

All of them can be made to take a minimal amount of adjustments.
Set it to auto, and shoot away.
Is there something else you meant to ask? This doesn't seem to be the
question you wanted to ask.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Scott W

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Thanks,
> Ron

I think just about any of them will show you the aperture and shutter
speed through the view finder and you can adjust both of these while
looking through the view finder.

What adjustments were you thinking of?

Scott

ronviers@gmail.com

Thanks Joseph,
I find it raises the emotional db level to point a camera at people. I
would like to make all my adjustmenst; focal point, iso, aperture, etc.
while holding the camera down around my hips. It would also be handy
for shooting in the dark; silhouettes shadows etc.

Thanks again

Thomas T. Veldhouse

> Thanks,
> Ron

I assume that you are asking if there is any SLR out there that doesn't
require you to use a menu to make adjustments? Or are you asking is there any
camera out ther that allows you to adjust while looking through the
viewfinder. There are few cameras out there that allow you to get to ever
setting while looking through the view finder and almost all cameras allow you
to make some adjustments while looking through the viewfinder. The more
professional cameras allow you to adjust many of the settings while looking
through the viewfinder, and many more without going into menus.

Your question would be better expressed if you indicate which settings that
you are referring.

Also, for future reference, could you please ask your question in the body of
the message and not just in the subject. Many newsgroup readers, such as
myself, use a console application and the subject doesn't show past a limitted
number of characters unless I respond to the message and look at the full
headers. Cases in point are TIN, SLRN, TRN, yada yada.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

SimonLW

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Thanks,
> Ron

If you use the camera enough, you become very familiar with the buttons and
can set without looking. In some cases, you have to know what mode you were
in to know where to go. For example. I can set the ISO from 100 to 400 in my
dRebel by pressing the ISO button and turning the dial clockwise 2 clicks
without looking. Without knowing the starting ISO, I could not do this. It
is not a big deal to look at the LCD.
-S

Rich

On 22 Mar 2006 10:39:12 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks Joseph,
>I find it raises the emotional db level to point a camera at people. I
>would like to make all my adjustmenst; focal point, iso, aperture, etc.
>while holding the camera down around my hips. It would also be handy
>for shooting in the dark; silhouettes shadows etc.
>
>Thanks again

There was an article in Popular Photography lamenting the shift from
buttons on the camera to choices in menus to control things. Buttons
can be manipulated when the camera is at eye level whereas menu
options can't. They cited Minolta's 7D as a good example of a camera
with buttons on it for most functions and Minolta's 5D as one that
went the other way.
-Rich

Jim Townsend

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Thanks,
> Ron

You mean a DLSR with braille on the controls ??

Pete D

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Thanks Joseph,
> I find it raises the emotional db level to point a camera at people. I
> would like to make all my adjustmenst; focal point, iso, aperture, etc.
> while holding the camera down around my hips. It would also be handy
> for shooting in the dark; silhouettes shadows etc.
>
> Thanks again

In that case they all qualify, AF, program mode of some sort (including AP
&SP), take your shot.